Piclings by PAN Vision

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FredrikReinius, Apr 28, 2011.

1. FredrikReinius

FredrikReinius Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Head of Digital Marketing
    Stockholm
    Here at PAN Vision in Stockholm we had a long brainstorming session last fall to come up with cool ideas for games, one of the ideas that game up was that it would be really cool if you could just take a picture with your iPhone and that would be a level in a platform game.

So we took that idea and made a game out of it, we call it Piclings and the basic idea is taken straight from that first idea. Take a picture and play it.

There are a number of levels in the game from the start and users can share levels by emailing them to eachother. We are currently waiting for approval at Apple but should be ready to release very very soon :)

Stay updated by liking us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Piclings/180886695292205 or go to www.piclings.com for more information.

2. FredrikReinius

Jun 7, 2010
    Stockholm
  3. ClearCutGames

ClearCutGames Well-Known Member

Nice unique game

Hi there

A lot of the games in here look really impressive, but yours stand out in a special way. It's great to see something unique :)
    I love that you can share the levels aswell.

Good work with the trailer, looks like this game has potential.

Can't wait to try it, keep it up!

4. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    I'll second that. The idea of having the photos turning into actual levels is really cool. Gives me some LittleBigPlanet vibes, but staying individual and unique.
    What is kinda letdown for me is the actual menu/gui structure.

The main creature, enemies and items have a very stylized look to them, yet the GUI and the general menus look so serious and conservative. Almost like a photo manipulation and sharing software. Kinda bums me out quite hefty :eek:

5. FredrikReinius

Jun 7, 2010
    Stockholm
    Glad you guys like it, the app has been approved and will be released this Thursday, May 5th :)

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Good luck with the release :)

7. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Looks great fun to me. It would be nice to have a global repository for levels, is such a thing in your thoughts?

8. FredrikReinius

Jun 7, 2010
    Stockholm
    Yeah that is definitely something we are looking at, at the moment we are just trying to figure out what the best option would be on how to do it.

We'd like to use facebook but apparently they are optimizing the pictures quite hard so it doesnt look that good unfortunately.