Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Am I the only one that's wondering why the music from the trailer is not in Pocket Planes? :)

2. Craddlecat

Craddlecat Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Should I restart and pick my locations somewhere else other than Australia?

3. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    So my progress just wiped. Everything I've done has been erased.

What the hell?

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

No. I decided to nip up and buy Calgary, tried to add my plane to the hangar and open it up there. Then wasted 2 bux putting it back in service to realize that I'm stick in Calgary. Upgraded my fuel to try and give me enough to get back to the center of the world but after trying to do that twice I'm still stuck there. Frick.

How do we take part in an event?

5. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    #125 Stan, Jun 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
    I actually went reckless without waiting for an answer and unlocked Salt Lake City first, so now I'm on my way to Calgary!

For the calgary event, there are two first aid kits and two men in hazmat suits that you have to bring to Calgary.

edit: nvm there's more than 2 people and 2 items

6. andsoitgoes

Mine didn't. I was able to load up my iPhone and everything dinged in together there. It all synced up perfectly.

Nimblebit, ignore Gabrien. This game is very interesting, and although I took a break on tiny towers this has something more to it, more like a Kairosoft game.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get planes other than buying them in pieces or for bux?

7. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    I Haven't switched devices. I was playing, closed the game for a minute, came back, and everything was gone and it took me back to the tutorial. :(

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    After a little over an hour of playing, I'm very much enjoying Pocket Planes. I am linked to TOUCHARCADE and started in southwest America. I can't wait for this to be on the Google Play market too so I can be more on the go. This is clearly my GOTW so far. :)

9. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    The screenshots of the game look a little intimidating. It has like double the amount of buttons and icons that tiny tower had

10. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    What planes should I go for after the initial given 4?

11. andsoitgoes

Okay so I've started to send planes into intermediate locations so I can land there and build up space to get to Calgary. Bought Spokane and another one to fill me in between.

This game is excellent so far. There's a lot more under the surface here. Though I do wish and hope that I can get planes more easily than purchasing them.

12. pantoneblack

pantoneblack Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    They do have to make money somehow. That would be the cornerstone of the freemium market.

13. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Is there a way to turn off iCloud sync? My sister and I played on the same account (on different devices), and when we got wifi access, my sisters game synced to my game and all my data was erased. :(

14. Hamses

Hamses Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Like this so far, it's got the same grind feel from tiny tower that got old quick, but for now there's enough going on to keep me entertained. The events are a really cool concept.

I'm linked to toucharcade and am connected to Calgary by way of Thunder Bay. I'm currently sending a little hazmat guy and one other dude who appears to be helpful toward chemical cleanup, and what appears to be a nurse in another flight.

Is there no background music or is it just my app? I have sounds (similar to tiny tower) but no music.

15. andsoitgoes

There are other ways to earn money. Not being able to get planes outside of paying bux is a bit too limiting, IMO. Neither tiny tower nor pocket frogs had that, I don't think.

Does anyone have a Navigator C body, or wallaby parts? I've got an extra set of Navigator controls to give.

16. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Fill your plane with manifest of the same destination to receive a 25% bonus on the payout.
    Combo! I aim for a combo for one destination, fly to a nearby destination (with cargo ofc) and pick up any manifest going to the same destination.
    Btw Australia is quite bad as a starting country... only 2 Class 2 cities (and they're CLOSE to each other) and a huge landmass with nothing much in it.

It's automatic. Just check the flight crew event and do it I guess. I'm too far down the bottom to reach Canada though.
    And more than 3x the intensity. This game is fast, a lot faster than any simulation type freemium I've played. There's manifest to handle and combos to complete and profit to earn... This game is almost hardcore.

17. andsoitgoes

By the way, keep an eye out for coins floating by in the air! I'd've gotten a few 1 coins and one worth 10 :)

18. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    He's probably serious but he says the same thing about every game with IAP, don't take it too seriously.

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Making my first trip to Calgary!! This game is awesome! So addicting I love how I'm getting notifications every few minutes and I keep going back

20. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    How do you know what each event needs? When I go to the Events tab and I click on a city, it just takes me to the map but doesn't tell me I should deliver hazmat people or the stuff some of you guys are mentioning.

Also, how do I upgrade my current airplanes? When I have a plane docked, some only transport packages, others only passengers. Can they be upgraded to transport both or do I have to get a better aircraft?

Thanks!