iPhone Hero of Many - atmospheric action adventure

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Erric, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

#1 Erric, May 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    Hi,
    We’re a small indie team mostly consisting of former 2KCzech developers (we worked on Mafia II for example). We’ve just finished our new game and I’d like to share a trailer with you.

The game is called Hero Of Many and it is an atmospheric action adventure that takes you on an epic journey as a tiny hero through a dangerous world. But you are not alone; you lead a swarm of water beings through fierce battles for freedom across four different worlds and twenty-six choreographed levels.

[​IMG]

The game takes you deep into underwater caverns to explore mysterious places, tasking you with saving your friends, learning how to lead a group and learning how to survive. You discover new powers, face an array of challenges and defeat monsters in a story told with no words.

We worked hard to deliver a unique design and audiovisual interactive experience. We focused on unique swarm gameplay, crafted an immersive soundtrack, and built a whole range physical objects that are fun to interact with.

Hero Of Many is a game for iPad 2 (and higher) and it’s coming to the Appstore on June 18th 2013.

We did our best with this game and really hope you like it.

WEB: http://heroofmany.com
    Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hero-of-many/id651676726

2. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I just watched the YouTube trailer..Im quite impressed by what I saw..seems like a day 1 purchase for me..

3. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    So your 2K games?

4. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

Thank you, I am glad you like it!

No we are not 2K, but most of our team members used to work in 2KCzech.

5. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    @Eric,Will there be some sort of boss fights or something like it in the game??

6. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

Definitely yes! If you watch the last part of trailer carefully, you will see one of them. :)

7. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Yess!!!I always love epic boss fights..Can't wait for the release :D...

8. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Please embed the video to make people easier to watch this awesome video... :D
    I like the atmosphere inside, one question; any Game Center feature?

9. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

#9 Erric, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    Unfortunately Game Center features are not in the game. May be with some later update.

10. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    Very impressive. This looks a lot like Badland which is an amazing ios game.
    I'm really looking forward to this.

11. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

#11 Erric, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

12. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

If you are interested to read more details about Hero of Many, I wrote a gameplay summary on TIGSource forum.

For updates and news about our game you can follow our Facebook page or Twitter.

13. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hero of Many is coming to the Appstore on June 18th 2013!

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Looking forward to its release!

15. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    That's great... How much does it cost?

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Only found out about this thanks to Copaeci, and it does seems like an instabuy for me.

One thing though... Those things remind me of... well... The reason im having a child by October. :D

17. Erric

Erric Well-Known Member

It is $3.99 but there will be 50% launch sale for the first two days of release!

:D ;)

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Instabuy at $2! :D

Im curious as to the number of buckholes who's going to ask for a price drop as soon as this game hits the shelves though. Coz... they're everywhere.

19. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

I've been playing this for a couple of days (promo code for a review) and it's simply stunning. "Epic" doesn't do it justice.

Control method - spot on. Single tap/hold where you want to swim/go and the team will follow you. AI pathfinding is very good, no frustration there so far.
    Atmosphere and emotional involvement - about as close to perfect as you can get.
    Gameplay - Wonderful blend of exploring, action, combat, environmental hazards and physics based puzzle/obstacle solving. There are even elements of racing (escape the pursuing enemies) that somehow fit seamlessly into the overall experience.

The graphic style, whle not unique, is beautifully done here and really does suit the game.

If you tend to throw your toys out of the pram due to the absence of game center, high-scorings, level ratings or not having your hand held every step of the way... probably not going to be quite for you, but that's in no way a criticism of this great game.

20. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    ^^^This... makes me can't wait for Tuesday ;)