should i get Circuit Strike, Isotope, Nano Fighter or Light Wars

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dashzed, Jun 14, 2009.

?

which should i get?

1. Circuit Strike

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Isotope

23 vote(s)
    46.0%
  3. Nano Fighter

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Light Wars

6 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i have been craving some good dual stick cyber shooter action, but i cannot decide which on of these four i should get, they all seem similar. Which one do you guys think is the best?

thanks!

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    CS.One. Period. :D :cool: :D :cool: :D

3. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    i bought cs.one, and am thoroughly disappointed; the controls such IMO, and I have no idea what to do.

4. dashzed

Mar 2, 2009
    so i have a question. I read the whole hour-long description of CS.one, and they never said WHAT the controls are! are they dual sticks or what? (if it is accelerometer than i am NOT getting it :D)

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    There are two, one is basic, where you have one stick and thrust. The other one is advance, where you simply rotate the ship with one finger and thrust with the other, but unlike the basic scheme, the position of your finger doesn't correspond to the position of the ship. It's hard to explain, but it's not dual action if you want pure, white-hot arcade action. I recommend Light Wars. If you want more depth, levels, and customization, then go for Isotope.

6. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    isotope is the best imo. Its really deep, there are a ton of upgrades, theres a ton of levels, and theres more gametypes with campaign and survival mode which is just a neverending onslaught of waves of enemies. I havent played nanofighter so i cant speak for it, but out of the other three i like isotope the best. And the controls are dual stick and customizable in certain ways as well.

7. dashzed

Mar 2, 2009
    isotope seems nice from the lite, but there didn't seem to be any way to flip the orientation, because right now it is set up for an iphone which makes playing with headphones nearly impossible. I think i'm going for circuit strike;)

8. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    If you are looking for some hardcore gaming get CS.one, if you are looking for some raw fast-pace shootem-up action go for light wars and if you are looking for a more deep game, built with a ton of customization and some pretty effects get Isotope.

My choice for your list and needs(dual stick) would be light wars, but if you are willing to step away from the traditional dual stick and are very patient and not a casual gamer I say get CS.one too.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I've found a way around that, actually. Try playing with the headphone wire going in-between your pointer finger and middle finger. Works for me.

10. Mchart

Mchart Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Isotope is by far the best geometry wars clone. Why? Because it feels more like a new Geometry Wars game, not simply a clone. CS.one is it's own type of game. However, it has some serious issues right now, and I can't reccomend it. Isotope has by far the most value right now, and has the best level of polish.

11. RayLancer

RayLancer Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    CS.one isn't dual stick, the controls reminds me of asteroids. If you're wanting something close to Geometry Wars, get Light Wars. Its a pretty good clone of it (I really wish there was an official Geometry Wars 2 on the iPhone/iPod).

12. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Nano Fighter is pretty rad. I actually like it more than isotope.

In nano fighter you have infinite ammounts of space to move in. Check out my review of it in the user reviews section.

I also have isotope but all the upgrades and all this stuff just seems like too much.

13. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Circuit Strike AND Isotope... both are great games.
    Isotope is the best dual stick game....
    and CS.ONE is just an awesome masterpiece ;)

14. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Isotope is the easy choice here. All of the other games are OK but both Nano Fighter and Light Wars lose there charm kinda quickly. CS.One has some serious lag issues among other, so I can't recommend it as-is. It has potential, though.

15. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Light Wars is highly addicting, looks great, and plays great too. I know it seems the rest of you guys really like Isotope, but Light Wars really surprised me and I love it.

16. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009
    Don't get me wrong, Light Wars is good, but Isotope has much more content and a fully fledged campaign with tons of customization. Its easily the deepest Geometry Wars clone on the App Store.

17. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    isotope and circuit strike are both different but both awesome. There is no lag on circuit strike unless you have a first gen device. I've only had one little dip ever on my 2nd gen touch. People who complain about it are just bad at the game. It's really good. But yeah isotope is too, thats dual stick though if you wan't geometry wars type game go for isotope.

18. STP_Tim

Apr 7, 2009

That is a lie. On my iPhone 3G there is tons of lag, and I know I am not the only one. The developer even said a good amount of it is intentional, and while that doesn't make sense in the first place it further proves my point.

19. ixBilalxi

ixBilalxi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Fremont, Ca Bay Area
    I think he means anything with the slower processor, touch 1g and both iphones.

20. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Definetly isotope by far!