Universal [EXTREME WIP] Epic Multiplayer Space Ship Battle Game (Looking for Criticism)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AdibKhan, May 27, 2016.

1. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    #1 AdibKhan, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Hello people of the forum,

Before we begin I should state how work in progress this project is. I don't even have a name for this app! However, I think it is important to showcase this app early so I can get early opinions.

Code:

Swipe Game (let's call it that for now) is going to be a two-player Game Center Multiplayer game where player can either team up with friends to take down new monthly boss battles or compete with players head-to-head in intense space battles. What makes the game unique is the different movement options space ships can perform in this game. You have so many ways to move, but you can do everything with a single finger. Tap to move, swipe to dash, and 3D touch or long press to teleport. Tapping the super button unleashes a powerful attack/transformation that can drastically swing the tides of battle. With such fast-paced movement and crazy super moves, each match will keep you exhilarated from beginning to end!

This game will include:

- Awesome multiplayer modes including 1v1 battles and monthly boss battles
    - Different ships with their own unique abilities and stats (All can be unlocked for free as users play the game)
    - Cool palette swaps for ships
    - Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
    - Online Ranked Mode

***​

Color Swaps

While the game and space ships are available for free, users can purchase unique colors in order to personalize your favorite battle ship.

Sprite Colors.png

***​

Screen Shots

File_001.jpg
    File_000.jpg
    File_002.jpg
    File_003.jpg
    File_004.jpg
    File_005.jpg

Thank you so much for reading! I encourage you to post in this thread you opinions and criticism. You can keep up to date with the latest news here: https://adibkhanblog.wordpress.com
    and here: https://twitter.com/AppsByAdibKhan
    and of course I'll be constantly updating this post! :)

Attached Files:

2. Fredinator

Fredinator New Member

May 28, 2016
    Holy crap those sprites look great. Hope to get my fingers on this one soon!

PS: Kevin MacLoed is the best!

3. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks for the reply, if you like those sprites you're going to love some of the new sprites for the other ships:
    S2.png
    S3.png

PS: He is the best:D!

4. AmarulaByMorning

May 31, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Nice job so far, thanks for sharing. I think the control mechanic here is going to be key to whether it works. It's tough to get right, but will be worth it. Any ideas for explaining the different controls to users when they first play it?

5. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks for the reply, the control mechanics are pretty simple you either tap, swipe, or 3D touch/long press but it does take a bit to get used to. I plan to introduce users into the game with a small tutorial so that they can understand how the game works. And of course there is training mode. What are your thoughts?

6. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Follow up!

Hello readers,

I'm working on a trailer for this game with updated graphics. Here's some screenshots of the game at its current state:

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1935.jpg

7. AmarulaByMorning

May 31, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Well that concept for controls seem fine, I was more just saying that any time you spend perfecting/making sure it works as intended will probably be worth it. It's okay if there's a learning curve, but could be frustrating if taps ever get interpreted as swipes, or vice versa, for example.

8. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Oh I see, thank you for bringing that up. I'll take special care especially during beta testing (whenever I get there) to make sure controls feel deliberate.

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    The second ship reminds me of Galatica

10. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thank you for your reply. Did you mean Battlestar Galactica? Which ship? I based my designs off common spaceship archetypes. The second one was supposed to resemble an alien ship.

11. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Awesome New Update

Finally got around to uploading some new gameplay and screenshots.

12. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    this game looks awesome ! Can we play again many players at the same time or is it just possible to compete against one ? When will it be released ? Keep me posted about this game !

13. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure about the release date but I'd say I can start beta testing by August. Currently the two game types are both 2 players but I plan to make another 3 versus 3 game type if all goes well!

14. Dead Rashad

Dead Rashad Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Holy crap that 3rd super was awesome. I can't wait to play the game and go hulk on a tiny ship! Keep me posted!

15. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Thanks for the reply! Will do!

16. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yes battleship galactica, the cylon raider.

17. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Oh I see the resemblance! Thanks for pointing it out! I also see a lot of other cool ships from Galactica that gives me ideas.

18. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Graphics Concept

GraphicsConcept.png

I noticed the game looked terribly unpolished so here is a concept I have for the game's new graphics.

19. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    The main cylons' fighter is really cool too ^^

20. AdibKhan

AdibKhan Member

May 27, 2016
    Freelance Developer
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Yeh I see! Now just to think of awesome supers and stats to match. I'll probably be taking suggestions during the game's beta