Khalid Shaikh, the App Spammer, is back!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by LordGek, Jun 10, 2009.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey TAers,

I know this twit has been the subject of many earlier discussions with his mass produced crap that either is named to confuse folk with a real app or will use clearly illegally copied art from other developers/companies.

What does it take to get your "Dev License" pulled? It makes me sick when LEGITIMATE applications are being held up but this guy's crap still keeps pouring out. As others have even previously pointed out, even on a good day his apps have never gotten more than a 3 star rating and MOST get no posted ratings at all.

I'd love to register a complaint if somebody could point me to where I need to do this.

2. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Hi man,
    I've just created a similar thread.

I understand your point and I'm according to you.
    I just think this guy is not fair at all and he's abusing of the App Store.
    800 apps??? Come on!

When Apple declare their numbers and say 50.000 they should say "800 of them are Khalid Shakir's".

I can't accept the fact he's actually making money with that crap.

3. bitjokey

bitjokey Active Member

May 28, 2009
    Los Angeles
  4. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    you have to admit, the guy is smart as hell and knows exactly what he's doing. I bet he makes a ton of money off your "standard" customer.

5. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Which is proof positive he does not want to hear any of his customers whining about being sold a false bill of goods. :eek:

6. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    If by smart you mean underhanded and exploitive then yes. What he's doing is nothing more than an attempt to cash out on a 'business' based on pumping out huge quantities of (worthless) product, all the while promoting himself as an 'app factory' like that's going to attract buyers.

7. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Wait, you got the point: the guy is smart and he's making a lot of money, but Apple is supporting him and in the meanwhile rejects an application because the dev wrote on its description that "now it costs 0.99$ and the price will raise to 990.000$ soon".

Plus, is Shakid Thalid (I dont remember his name now) doing something legal or not?

Let me understand, is he using material under copyright or something he's not allowed to use?

In that case the guy is SMART, but also UNFAIR and has to pay for this.

8. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

I think Apple is going to have to do more checks on the validity of devs after this case...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/10/amazon_apple_online_fraudsters/

Seems a gang of fraudsters managed to plant their album on iTunes and Amazon and then buy multiple copies with stolen credit cards. Effectively using the stores to launder the money.

Doing the same trick by planting hundreds of sub $10 apps on the app store would seem to be a logical next step for them.

9. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    You're right, he is doing something illegal.

The fact is, the guy is playing the "game" and he's exploiting whatever he can to get the hi-score.

It would be nice if he was sued, but since that seems like the most logical thing to do, it won't happen.

10. HalfMoon

HalfMoon Member

Jun 7, 2009
    He's still trying to flog his "business" by the looks of it....
    Link 1 / Link 2
    :eek:

11. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I already knew this guy's prices were a little odd, and someone told me that he worked for al quaida.

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I love how not only are all of the followup posts so positive, both of these threads are closed for further comments. So does this mean he doesn't want to hear from his many fans?

He can't quote sales but, wow, look at all of the apps his company has made! I pity the fool who stupidly takes over his business!!

13. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
  14. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    According to Link 1: "We are moving the employees into a cheaper apartment with faster internet so they can produce more.."
    So, all the employees are living in one cheap apartment?? Sounds like a sweatshop!
    Are they prisoners of Khalid, or part of his evil plot to destroy the app store by overloading it with with multi-colored tennis games??
    [app]iYellowTennis[/app]
    [app]iDarkTennis[/app]

On a serious note, I am appalled by his chronic copyright violation: for example, using the NASCAR logo as an icon for one of his "updates" apps. Or using photos of celebrities taken by others for his "Top Sexy" apps. There should be a way to report this dev, but I haven't found an email address for Apple for this situation.

Oh, and this is one of my favorite apps:
    [app]Top Sexy Ladies: Katherine Heigl[/app]
    I don't know who that woman is, but it sure ain't Katherine Heigl!

15. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    He's back? Did he go somewhere?

16. WTF is with those business details? They make no sense.

"Full payment of employees ($2700) from Feb 11 to March 11th"

Does that mean he's paying 6 engineers and 1 graphic designer $2700 in total for one month, or each person? And either way, how does that jibe with $2400 projected revenue for February? Is that gross or net?

Also, 8 rejected apps and 25 removed by developer -- ha! The latter is probably for blatant copyright violations companies kicked him in the arse for. There's more where that came from.

Dude's a total douchenozzle.

17. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I say we just find anyone and everyone who he has stolen ideas and copyrights from and alert the people who actually have rights to the game, it would stir up his life thats for sure.

Do the other devs who own all the stuff he "steals" even know about it?

18. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Hey the guy has an Arab name, he must be a terrorist, bravo!

19. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I agree. This guy is smart, even though what he is doing is wrong.

20. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Don't forget

iBlueTennis and iGreenTennis:)