Universal Cat Physics (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DonutGames, May 26, 2010.

1. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Well I'm only on level 52 right now... I'm slow because I'm 3-starring them as I go. And because DG keeps on releasing other great games that I can't stop playing...

2. wizman60

wizman60 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Male
    Hong Kong
    cp2 or cp1 v2 with a new release of 100 more levels!
    even just to add one arrow on each old level will
    be a great idea? no?
    come on dg! it will be (very) easy!
    new games like frogbert is great but CP is far ahead!

3. nichos

nichos Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    iOS game developer
    Shanghai, China
    I prefer a new CP2 game. That means all levels are completely new.

4. nichos

nichos Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    iOS game developer
    Shanghai, China
    I like your idea! Add one arrow on each level!

5. nichos

nichos Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    iOS game developer
    Shanghai, China
    But after that, the records of most levels would be re-written

6. nichos

nichos Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    iOS game developer
    Shanghai, China
    Where did you get all these kind of funny pictures?

7. feetza

feetza Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2010
    google :D

8. Koenraad

Koenraad Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Netherlands
    Definitely maybe

Hi guys,

A good friend of mine owns DG, so I asked him about his plans:

Hi Koenraad,

Hard to tell. We're not sure whether to add more levels or maybe even release a sequel.... the only thing I can tell for sure is that there are no specific plans atm.
    Remember, we're a pretty small company which gives us the liberty to change our plans quite easily from one week to another (and they tend to do that!).

I guess only time will tell what will happen. :)

Daniel

9. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    #10449 ctay, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    Hi Wiz...
    So what is Frogbert???? Who is playing it?
    Regarding CP and letter to Koenraad:
    Read the words, "there are no specific plans atm." Sounds like CP players can just dream on and on...
    and sounds like DG is done with CP. If they had plans, why keep them a secret? Why tease the players with vagueness? That would be disrespectful to the devoted players of CP. My interpretation of "no specific plans at the moment" is, it is just a polite way of saying good bye to CP.

10. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
  11. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
  12. Pappnase

Pappnase Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Schlaaand!
    One nice feature of iBM2 is the level editor. Not that I have used it for more than 5 mins.
    So if DG feel they cannot meet the demands of all these addicts here it might be fun to have a level editor. I have some suspicions about a level designed for me which I don't like but else I think everybody would enjoy homemade CP levels.

13. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    What a creative idea, Papp. :) Excellent! This game and forum could go on forever and ever...

14. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    I totally understand that you draw that conclusion. But keep in mind I was honest when I wrote that reply to Koenraad, it was not just a polite way of saying ciao.

We are indeed a very flexible, rapidly changing game development team, who sometimes change our plans from one week to another.
    I could be working on a certain game, when we suddenly get a great idea for a platform game / physics game / puzzle game / etc, just to put the current project on hold immediately, and start working on the new idea.

Other times we start picking up projects that have been laying around for over a year, polish them up and release them when we feel we're happy with them.

Same thing goes for updates. Sometimes we put a lot of focus on updating existing titles, while we at other times we focus entirely on the production of new titles.

So again, there are no specific plans for CP at *this* very moment. Of course you could be perfectly right, this might indeed have been the very last update of Cat Physics ever.

But on the other hand, we don't even know ourselves what ideas will pop into our heads tomorrow. Will we consider another round of level updates for our games soon? Or will we try out the Ingame Purchases model... where players get to buy XX amount of levels for, say $0.99? If so, which games should we try out this model on? Will enough players buy new levels to make it worth putting the production of new titles on hold? (I understand that you guys in this forum would be willing to buy more levels, but how about the rest of the world? ;) )
    Or will we find another way of distributing more content? Doing alternate versions of our games? Or adding new game modes (Find the LONGEST path possible, instead of shortest i CP?) Or additional difficulties, e.g "Easy Challenges", "Normal Challenges", "Hard Challenges"... etc etc etc.

Again, I'm not trying to "keep you hanging there" by giving vauge promises. I'm just being honest when I'm saying, the way things work at DG, anything is possible. I guess the only thing I can say for sure is that you won't see a new update the next week or so, because that I would have known of.

Best,
    Daniel @ Donut Games

15. ctay

ctay Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2010
    Donut Games

Daniel
    Thanks for the sincere effort at explaining your company's philosophy. Sounds like a fresh and exciting place to work.
    :) C

16. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I think both wiz and nichos ideas are good. To just add one arrow to every Lvl would be the easiest way for dg to give us the maximum amount of fun. I am not a developer by any stretch of the imagination but I would assume this would be much easier than making even 20 Lvls. So we would get 99 Lvls to play. And with cleaver arrow choice it would be easy to make ever Lvl change a good bit. Would be great if they did 20 Lvls every two weeks and let us vote what arrow we want for each Lvl. Imagine Amoa with a left arrow.

17. Oriol

Oriol Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    I've been thinking how much would I pay to get new levels....:confused:

I wouldn't pay 100 euros for 100 new levels, but I'm sure I would pay 1 euro every week for a new level, during 100 weeks until get the 100 levels (and the 100 euros) :):)
    Stupid but true. But I am a cat addict. :D

18. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    It sure is! :)

19. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    In a lot of games you can pic different items or bombs. So how about cp pc(players choice) realease all 100 Lvls but let the player pic one extra arrow per Lvl even if it's just a choice of 4 up down left right I bet this thread would go crazy. Plus we would all be asking each other what arrow they used to get new highs. Or even better give us eight arrow choices up upright upleft right left downright downleft. I'd pay 3.99 for that game today. Who am I kidding I'd probably pay 10$.

20. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Adding to the list of ideas, DG, have you ever considered releasing a 'lite' version of your games?
    For example, there could be a CP lite where you can play the first 30-50 levels, and then choose to upgrade to 100 if you enjoy the game like all of us here :)
    Many popular games have this (angry birds etc) and I'd think it would make many more players play this game, as well as helping DG improve their customer base.