Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaz View Post
Also, forgot to ask - what OS is the ipod? Honey tribe needs 3.2 or higher to run.
I'm not the OP, but I'm running OS 5.0.1 on an Ipod Touch 64G, 4th gen, and I find gameplay to be moderately jerky, not smooth. I also have to start running the game after either a full reboot or a memory clear in order for it to run and not crash. Even then, it still crashes quite regularly after finishing each level. Fortunately it does record/remember that I've actually finished the level when I restart the game.

I like what I see in this game, I just wish it was a more consistent gaming experience on my iPod Touch.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Your latest update did NOT fix all the crashes, at least not on my iPod Touch, 4th gen running iOS 5.0.1. I go to enter a level ("select 3" for example) and the game crashes.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:48 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
Your latest update did NOT fix all the crashes, at least not on my iPod Touch, 4th gen running iOS 5.0.1. I go to enter a level ("select 3" for example) and the game crashes.
Hmm....

Ok thanks for the feedback

Are there specific times you encounter crashes? e.g is it only when you press a certain level button? Does it ever happen in-game?

And is it only this game that is crashing on you or does it sometimes happen with other games?

Also, do you want to join the beta testing group who help to check updates? It seemed like this update had fixed all stability issues from testing, but maybe we don't have all the devices/OS combos in the testing group.

Naturally I want to make sure that the game runs well for all devices!

Last edited by Shaz; 02-11-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Old 02-11-2012, 03:49 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

It happens when I press the level buttons and the game goes to open the new levels. Just in case the update didn't install properly, I deleted the game from my device and reinstalled it to see if that helped.

Once I did that, level one played fine, as did two, but three crashed, same as before. I'd be more than happy to send you the crash data. Where do you want me to send the logs? From a preliminary look at the data, it's all low memory warnings, but at the time I played Honey Tribe, my device showed 53 MB free, 12 MB inactive, and 23 MB active.

So the next thing to try is kill all the apps in the active apps list and cold boot. I did so, and level three ran fine. I suspect that the problem is the way your game accesses memory on iPod Touches, as they have less free memory to start, and iOS 5 is pretty picky about how memory space is shared. Level four ran, but it was really jerky and laggy. I failed the level due to the lag, and when I pressed restart the whole thing crashed again.

I would be happy to join your beta group if it would help. Just PM me the details.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:39 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclose View Post
It happens when I press the level buttons and the game goes to open the new levels. Just in case the update didn't install properly, I deleted the game from my device and reinstalled it to see if that helped.

Once I did that, level one played fine, as did two, but three crashed, same as before. I'd be more than happy to send you the crash data. Where do you want me to send the logs? From a preliminary look at the data, it's all low memory warnings, but at the time I played Honey Tribe, my device showed 53 MB free, 12 MB inactive, and 23 MB active.

So the next thing to try is kill all the apps in the active apps list and cold boot. I did so, and level three ran fine. I suspect that the problem is the way your game accesses memory on iPod Touches, as they have less free memory to start, and iOS 5 is pretty picky about how memory space is shared. Level four ran, but it was really jerky and laggy. I failed the level due to the lag, and when I pressed restart the whole thing crashed again.

I would be happy to join your beta group if it would help. Just PM me the details.
Thanks for taking the time to help figure out what is causing the crashes on your device. It does seem to be the iPod 4 that is experiencing these issues. iPhone 4 and ipod/iphone 3GS seem to be fine. I've PM'd you the link to join our testflight group.

Cheers
Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Default ipod 4 issues fixed

A quick update for those playing on an ipod 4:

With the help of TA user dclose and Eric of http://www.rustysabre.com Honey Tribe now plays smoothly without crash issues on the ipod 4.

An update has been uploaded and should be live in a few days.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:31 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Default v1.5 gone free!

v1.5 is now live on the store with the fixes mentioned above.

Also we've set it to free (for a while).

So go get it from the app store!

Old 03-02-2012, 08:12 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Default v1.6 out

v1.6 is now live in the store. There are now 4,783 people on the game center leader board. Join them and see how high you can place!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/honey-tribe-colony-collapse/id438739934?mt=8
Old 05-09-2013, 06:19 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Default v2.0 out now!

v2.0 has just gone live!

This is an HD, universal update. Honey Tribe now plays full screen on all iOS screen sizes.

The art is hand drawn on paper and scanned in. I went back to the original scans of the graphics and re-imported them at HD size. The game looks great on retina screen devices.

Also I've set it to free. Not sure how long it will be free so if you didn't try this one yet, go get it!

App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/honey-tribe-colony-collapse/id438739934?ls=1&mt=8
Old 05-13-2013, 03:26 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Default Featured in AppsGoneFree

Honey Tribe is today featured in AppsGoneFree!

Go get it...!