My second game, some experience feedbacks and income report.

06-21-2014, 05:41 PM
#11
Adding Admob is trivial, and setting up iAd when they are available and falling back to Admob when they are not is easy to do. It took me about few hours to do that.
You should really look into this. Admob brings less money than iAd, but in the countries where iAd does nothing Admob still generates money. It also offers almost 100% fill rate.
06-21-2014, 05:51 PM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voley View Post
Adding Admob is trivial, and setting up iAd when they are available and falling back to Admob when they are not is easy to do. It took me about few hours to do that.
You should really look into this. Admob brings less money than iAd, but in the countries where iAd does nothing Admob still generates money. It also offers almost 100% fill rate.
Thanks for the tips voley,i think i will try that.

06-23-2014, 01:42 AM
#13
Not Bad

Thanks for posting Nathan, always good to hear about other developers experiences and numbers, really helps put things into perspective. I think your graphics look really good and your app looks great. 44,000 downloads is pretty good without any serious marketing. Looks like it's dropped off pretty quick though, perhaps switch to paid for a few weeks and then back to free you might get similar download with the switch back.

Ben Jarris

FOLLOW ME - @BenJarris
06-23-2014, 02:48 AM
#14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatWhiteApe View Post
Thanks for posting Nathan, always good to hear about other developers experiences and numbers, really helps put things into perspective. I think your graphics look really good and your app looks great. 44,000 downloads is pretty good without any serious marketing. Looks like it's dropped off pretty quick though, perhaps switch to paid for a few weeks and then back to free you might get similar download with the switch back.
Thanks,
i already tried (for PlicPlic) to switch to a paid version and then switch back to free version. That's work actually, perhaps i not sure i want to do it again for Bouncy Pirates, i will see.
for the moment i make some performance optimisation and work on a new version with more extra fun
06-24-2014, 05:07 AM
#15
some other numbers:
i integrated on june 15 a chartboost ad. It's an interstial that appear one time by hour on the main menu only.
8 days after that earn to me 60$ (with 29884 bootups).
I would not have thought it will report me so much (even it's very little ).

Some other guys here use chartboost?
Is these numbers seem correct to you depending on your experience?

Last edited by NathanMalville; 06-24-2014 at 02:03 PM.
06-28-2014, 12:26 AM
#16
That's the exact setup I'm using too, iAd backed up by admob. So far in my short history Chartboost is the best.
06-28-2014, 04:48 AM
#17
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Wellington
Posts: 723
Chartboost is pretty solid in terms of fill and eCPM. They have a great dashboard, tech, and customer support compared to competitors too.

Make sure you take advantage of the reporting and filtering options they have to block any low value campaigns and maximize the eCPM and resultant revenues.
06-28-2014, 05:28 AM
#18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PikPok View Post
Chartboost is pretty solid in terms of fill and eCPM. They have a great dashboard, tech, and customer support compared to competitors too.

Make sure you take advantage of the reporting and filtering options they have to block any low value campaigns and maximize the eCPM and resultant revenues.
Thanks for the tips, i will look at that.
Do you pikpok guys use chartboost for your games too? Or do you prefer an another network?