Worms, Resident Evil, Brothers In Arms or something else?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Trogador, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Trogador

Trogador Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    Going away on holiday tomorrow and need something to keep me entertained during the flight.

Worms - Been a fan of Worms but with the mixed reviews I'm still on the fence

Resident Evil - Same as above, and also concerned about the length of it, I've heard it's quite short.

Brothers In Arms - Good reviews but very short campaign

I'm also semi-new to the app store but I'm looking for action/adventure games, y'know, like BiA. If you guys know of any otehr worthwhile, polished apps like that, let me know :)

2. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    #2 eggzbacon, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Assassins Creed.
    Do NOTTTTT get the first 2 u posted

EDIT: Actually if you liked Worms get Star Hogs

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well I enjoyed BIA ALOT. I got it when the appstore first opened and im still playing it. Resident Evil is also another great and it's one of the best games in the store. I like Worms games but I heard that it was kind of a crappy port and it didn't have any multiplayer as of now. I definetly suggest going with BIA or Resident Evil. A few other purchases worth the money:

tna Wrestling - Best turn based RPG game in the appstore. Kind of like the flash game Sonny where you battle then talk then battle.

Zenonia - tons of gameplay for a decent price. Good gameplay too. I don't think I need to say any more.

Terminator Salvation - A good shooter running on the same engine as Brothers in Arms, just it seems to have a few less features as far as I've played. i didn't see any way to change the weapon or reload manually, but still a load of fun.

Wolfenstein 3d (Not to be confused with Wolfenstein RPG. Stupid EA) - Awesome old school shooter with updated graphics, sound, and great controls. Surprisingly addicting.

Puzzle Quest - Best match 3 in the store. Combines Match 3 and RPG elements to make a really addicting game. If you're unsure there's a lite version.

Zombieville - Addicting side scrolling survival shooter. Loads of fun and really addicting.

Mecho Wars - Best turn based strategy on the iPhone hands-down. Almost exactly like Advance Wars but with a little less depth.

Iron Sight - Worms/iShoot in 3d. I dont think I need say much more.

And if you have jailbroken it get snes4iphone and ScummVm. Snes had the best RPG's and ScummVM games are extremely addicting. If you dont have a jailbroken device you can get Flight of the Amazon Queen in the appstore which uses ScummVM. It's not as good as games like Monkey Island but its still alot of fun.

4. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    Got zenonia and wolf3d, probably should have mentioned :)

But thank you for the other suggestions ;)

5. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Hi! You copy my name :( jkjk :p Anyways BIA you can't go wrong with it. I bought it and it's fun but the only thing wrong with it is that it's really short but it's quite entertaining so get that. Also before you buy Worms try Starhog lite. If you like it then I suggest you buy starhog instead of worms.

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Lol dude I didn't know you even had that name. I got on the forums the day after I signed up or so and I see your name and i'm like "CRAP!"

But either way I completely agree that BIA was awesome but the thing that I disagree with is it isn't short to me at least. I got it when it first came out and I'm still stuck in the second campaign.

Oh yeah good purchases with Zenonia and Wolf3d

7. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    Yeah, I've heard BiA is really short so I'll only get it if it drops to 99c/59p

8. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Like I said I don't find it to be that short. I'm still stuck in it so it's definetly going to keep you going back. Plus there's 3 difficulties and plenty of achievements to get so there's always reason to go back.

9. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    Thanks for the info guys, it definetly seems like I should check out BiA :)

Anyone got any thoughts on Resident Evil: Degeneration or any others?

10. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Resident Evil sucks.
    Wait for Resident Evil 4.
    BTW BiA is fairly long and when you finish the game you get a new weapon that you can play with.
    BIA isnt gonna become a dollar.
    Brain Challenge is still 5 dollars so ya

11. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    Ok guys, need a decision,

Brothers In Arms or Worms? (I prefer Worms)

12. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    #12 powersurge, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    Terminator I would avoid like the plague. Its very short and very easy even on extreme difficulty though I have heard BIA is longer and at least from the lite version seems to offer a bit more of a challenge.

Wolfenstein 3d offers a large amount of levels and its a blast but some may be turned off by it since it is an older pc game.

As for other titles that offer a lot of gameplay for the price I would suggest:

(Tower Defense)
    Defender Chronicles
    geoDefense
    The Creeps

(Adventure)
    Toki Tori
    Galaxy on Fire
    Rolando and Rolando 2
    Zenonia
    Hero of Sparta

Sure there are a lot of great games on the app store but those I would say offer a ton of content for the price points.

As for BIA or Worms I have heard down sides to them both. BIA supposedly has janky jeep controls, short (though not as short as Terminator), and Worms I have heard has some framerate and control problems (check the worms thread).

13. _Roasted_Vertex_

Jul 23, 2009
    BiA is a strong title - I enjoyed it and felt it was worth the $$. It feels like a regular console game and makes good use of the iPhone's capabilities.

I also like Assassins Creed - great design and is challenging enough to keep me interested.

14. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Go with Bros In Arms as it has ALOT more to it and is a WAY better port (yes, it's a port. Brothers in Arms DS). Worms doesn't have multiplayer or campaign, only deathmatches against the computer. So stick with Bros. In Arms.

15. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    I wouldn't get Worms right now...and I mean the game. It can be hit or miss, and I know for me, it was mostly a miss. The game is buggy, and from user comments, it seems to vary widely, and that's enough of a wild card. Resident Evil is fine, but it can also be kind of slow since you walk around quite a bit and you're not exactly overrun with zombies.

BIA would be my pick because it has great graphics and a decent amount of content. Controls can take a little getting used to, but you will.

On that note, I think somerandomdude and randomdude may be long lost brothers who found each other on TA. Now that would be the feel good story of the year...as far as iTunes gaming is concerned.

16. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Don't listen to the negatives. It's not too short. Twelve long action packed 3D missions for $5? TOO SHORT??? Bullshit. Why is the appstore full of cheapskate selfish punks?

I'm really sorry for my angry rant there, but you know it's true. Get that. Worms is good too, and it will get even better with the promised update. Resident Evil is quite alright, but if I were you, I'd wait for RE4 Mobile edition.

17. Combzzz

Combzzz Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    WORMS!!!
    at first i posted something like this and got worms and at first i thought i might have made the wrong choice but now i dont stop playing it!!!

18. Trogador

May 17, 2009
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys :)

In the end, I had to get Worms and Brothers In Arms! I'm also going to wait for RE4 :p

Thanks again! :D

19. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    Worms really isn't that bad. It is pretty fun and a fine representation of the classic game. I haven't had a real complaint so far.

Other than that, pick any game in
    my signature, they're all outstanding, also, Racer is a great new little game. Super addicting and really really polished.