Flatdog: A physics-based, twin-stick arcade shooter | have promo codes for reviewers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by flatdog, Mar 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hello! I am solo developer and have just completed my first game. It will be released on the App Store on Wednesday (3/08/2017).

Meet Flatdog###✨
    [​IMG]

If you are interested in a promo code, please don't hesitate to reach out and we can hook you up with a copy! Would really appreciate any reviews or coverage. Currently, Flatdog is only available for iOS (having framerate issues with Unity's Android builds).

App Preview

PLEASE NOTE: FLATDOG WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL 3/08/2017

Synopsis

More information at http://flat.dog

You don't understand anything about cell phones or computers, which is why you were easily duped into downloading PHoNe-CLEEN® from MAL-soft.

After you used PHoNe-CLEEN®'s theft.cam to take a picture of your beloved canine companion he was sucked into your cell phone by a violent flash of hyper electrostacicity.

Can you help your flattened dog escape the phone?

Features

- Fast-paced & bouncy physics-based gameplay

- Procedurally generated levels. Every playthrough is different

- 9 enemy types to battle

- 6 game-changing powerups

- Collect coins to upgrade your dogware, giving Flatdog the ability to see through the code or perform an ElectroDash

- Collect coins to unlock game-changing powerups that shield, heal, slow time and give Flatdog the power of flight

- Fight through infinite levels - how high can you go?

- Sparkly particles and pretty lights!

Notes from the Developer

This is something I have wanted to accomplish for years (ever since I began writing code)!

I tried to keep in mind some goals while I was making Flatdog:

- I wanted to really try and monetize (for the first time) a piece of software I created
    - I wanted to make something that made people smile and got some goofy laughs
    - I wanted the App to feel polished

By the time Flatdog launches I will have been working on the project for 11 months. It has been a challenge to remain both focused and balanced. It was basically like working a second job. It was a real struggle to see it through and try to create something that felt relatively polished with a one-man team. I did have help on the motion graphics and video content from an amazing creative team called Blackbox Visual.

I feel extremely lucky for the access to resources, hardware, and software that enable me to indulge my creativity. I am especially grateful for my wife and my supportive friends who encouraged and helped me.

I am very excited to share Flatdog with the world soon and I hope that people find some value in it.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Always love a good twin stick shooter so will definitely check this out.

Any happy to hear it will be premium....what's the price point?

Looking forward.

3. Realnanners

Realnanners Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Austin, Texas
    Hi,

My name is Chandler a.k.a realnanners and I stream on Mobcrush (mobcrush.com/realnanners) and I would love to stream you game on my channel!

-Chandler

4. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    sure would love a code!

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I pm u about a code

6. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey Nanners, welcome to the forums.

7. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I think I'll let the codes go to the people who can give the game better exposure than I can but I am totally intrigued by the idea of the "bouncy" twin stick game play. I will be picking this up on Wednesday. The game looks great and congratulations on making your dream come true.

8. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Thanks for taking a look! Hope you like the mechanics, really tried to hit the sweet spot between "totally different" and "comfortably familiar".

9. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Hey jpgold! Thanks for taking a look!

I plan to release for $0.99 USD

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Fantastic. Can't wait to give it a try.

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    It's out, bought, having a great time with it.

Took a few tries to get used to the controls, but a really fun game. Definitely has that "one more try" quality that I love.

The items in the shop could use a little description as that helps when deciding what do buy first.

Great job and congrats!

12. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Awesome! Glad you had some fun with it! Thank you so much for checking it out.

I've had that feedback before about descriptions in the shop, and is on my list to add in a future update. I was kind of thinking the mystery of the powerups would be fun (like in the case of the wise man) and that the other ones were kinda self-explanatory, but I've heard about players wanting descriptions more than once. Keep an eye out for these in an update!

So happy you downloaded! WOOOO!

13. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Thanks jpgold for posting about the release. I have also downloaded and will give it a go at some point today.

Congratulations in the release of Flatdog!

14. flatdog

flatdog Member

Dec 29, 2016
    Software Engineer
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Woo thanks for the download! Really appreciate it! If you have any issues, questions, or feedback you can send a message to [email protected]