★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[NZ Soft Launch] Glyph Quest Chronicles (by Chorus Worldwide)

02-26-2017, 02:10 PM
[NZ Soft Launch] Glyph Quest Chronicles (by Chorus Worldwide)

Questers (in very specific territories) rejoice! Glyph Quest Chronicles is now available in:
  • Norway
  • Sweden
  • Finland
  • Denmark
  • Singapore
  • New Zealand

If you're in one of those territories, you can pick the game up now. Right this second. It's even free to download, so what are you waiting for?

If you're not in one of those territories, you'll have to wait a few more weeks. We understand that this may make you sadface and for that we apologise. But not to worry - it won't be long now, then you can Quest with the Rest.

Don't know what Glyph Quest Chronicles is? Well, why not take a looksee at the other thread and get yourself all caught up. (TLR - it's a puzzle battle game with a simple interface but a ridiculously deep spell casting system and more cute monsters than you can shake a stick at)

Who's excited? We are!
02-27-2017, 04:58 PM
[NZ][Soft Launch] Glyph Quest Chronicles (by Chorus Worldwide)

Glyph Quest Chronicles

Chorus Worldwide
Genres: Games Role-Playing Puzzle
Free

Quote:
An exciting adventure featuring fantastic beasts, complex combos and more "just-one-more-go-ness" than you can possibly handle.

* Battle your way across the land, slaying fearsome foes and learning the art of battle magic.
* Master the system of Chains and Reversals to boost your damage and take down creatures far too powerful for mere acolytes.
* Harvest icky stuff from monsters and turn it into upgrades for your equipment. Don't worry - we'll wash it first.
* Level up, learn new spells including devastating Combos and powerful Summon magic.
* Unravel the mysteries of the poorly explained advanced features such as Aftertouch, Familiar Breaks and the really obscure Pull Glyph.

So what are you waiting for? Download it today! Right now in fact. Go on - we dare you...
Happy Questing!

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 9.1

Download Size: 228.5MB

I gave three and half stars to your favorite game.

02-28-2017, 01:31 AM
Downloading and will try later on.
Hard to juggle so many great games, mul.mash and tavern guardians consuming all my time!
02-28-2017, 04:07 AM
I'm just going to pop in my NZ account because I want to play it so bad!

Unfortunately the app icon still has a name that doesn't fit (just like the previous one). I hope they can fix it soon. It says "glyph que..." Just not very aesthetically pleasing on the home screen. Making a nice icon / title is all part of making a nice app!

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Kingdom Rush Series / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / FGO / Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 8040873219

Last edited by L.Lawliet; 02-28-2017 at 04:14 AM.
02-28-2017, 10:23 AM
i was very excited to finally play this. The good is that the graphics and art are a step up from SGQ. If you liked the art style, you will love it in this one.

But personally, the F2P system is too much. Gold, gems and materials, ok. It's almost a staple of all GOOD F2P to have limited amounts of those, and permanent doublers purchaseable - like you have in here. And i was gonna buy the whole package. But energy timer? Nope, nuh huh. Not for me. Add in a removal of the energy timer in the package and you have a deal. Even the money-hugriest-candy-crushers don't make you lose a life unless you fail, and you can have it back instantly by friend gifting.
Going for quests 3 times and having to wait? and that's only the first boss stage, no idea about the energy in later stages mind you, with all the grinding required for materials coins etc. Makes me hesitant to even give it more of my time. If you get similar feedback from most of your users, hopefully you will reconsider the timer. Otherwise, i can always fall back on SGQ.
02-28-2017, 10:30 AM
I would have to agree with Ramza. Good game, seems like it's even more challenging than the old ones (lost early on multiple times). I love it being more challenging but with the energy system it's just not that fun anymore. You start out with 5 so you don't get much play time between losses. I was hoping there to be a remove timer IAP but there wasn't so I guess it's full on f2p now.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Kingdom Rush Series / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / FGO / Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 8040873219
02-28-2017, 11:05 AM
I am surprised to read about the early impressions concerning the game's timer/energy system. I did not expect this at all given the developer's openness and responsiveness on the forum here about the game's development. Very interested to hear the developer's response to the criticisms in previous posts...

Also, I am surprised (and somewhat disappointed) that the game requires iOS 9.1. Seems unnecessary restrictive given that many other recent game releases that do not have advanced graphics requirements are still iOS 8.x or even 7.x compatible.

As well, does the game require online connection to play? Can the game play entirely offline once installed? Or does the game still need to download additional assets and codes after initial installation?

Last edited by y2kmp3; 02-28-2017 at 11:08 AM.
02-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
i was very excited to finally play this. The good is that the graphics and art are a step up from SGQ. If you liked the art style, you will love it in this one.

But personally, the F2P system is too much. Gold, gems and materials, ok. It's almost a staple of all GOOD F2P to have limited amounts of those, and permanent doublers purchaseable - like you have in here. And i was gonna buy the whole package. But energy timer? Nope, nuh huh. Not for me. Add in a removal of the energy timer in the package and you have a deal. Even the money-hugriest-candy-crushers don't make you lose a life unless you fail, and you can have it back instantly by friend gifting.
Going for quests 3 times and having to wait? and that's only the first boss stage, no idea about the energy in later stages mind you, with all the grinding required for materials coins etc. Makes me hesitant to even give it more of my time. If you get similar feedback from most of your users, hopefully you will reconsider the timer. Otherwise, i can always fall back on SGQ.
Timer will go away when you spend enough real money so you fill "Patron-meter". I dont know how much though.

Last edited by Duke12; 02-28-2017 at 02:27 PM.
02-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post

Every time you complete a quest we give you a stamp. Fill up your loyalty card and you get a free quest. Now that doesn't seem like much, but you can also buy a better loyalty card that fills up after only 6 quests instead of 10.

On top of that, every time you spend actual money, we keep track of it and put it towards Patron Mode. Patron Mode does exactly what you want it to do - removes the energy mechanic completely. Instead, whenever you complete your loyalty card, you get Gems. Also, the achievement for unlocking Patron Mode is worth 50 Gems on its own.

Man, we really need to call out Patron Mode a bit better...
02-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
I am surprised to read about the early impressions concerning the game's timer/energy system. I did not expect this at all given the developer's openness and responsiveness on the forum here about the game's development. Very interested to hear the developer's response to the criticisms in previous posts...

Also, I am surprised (and somewhat disappointed) that the game requires iOS 9.1. Seems unnecessary restrictive given that many other recent game releases that do not have advanced graphics requirements are still iOS 8.x or even 7.x compatible.

As well, does the game require online connection to play? Can the game play entirely offline once installed? Or does the game still need to download additional assets and codes after initial installation?
iOS 9 should be the baseline - I think it's a requirement of a couple of the plugins we use. Otherwise yes, I can think of no technical reason why it would need to be so high as the basic game itself could run quite happily on lower spec devices.

The game requires no online connection - unless, of course, you want to buy things with real money There's also going to be a Facebook integration coming soon and possibly the ability to bring your friend's mages along on quests with you - both of which would require some degree of connectivity. But it's not mandatory by any stretch.