★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-07-2017, 02:28 PM
Hell Yeah!!

As always, any game made by Colin is an instant purchase for me. I removed the adverts before I even played and let me tell you I am glad I did.

I love this game. It's fun as hell. There is definitely a strategy to it. I love career mode!! I love the different upgrades and you can tell how each upgrade effects your character during a match.

I cannot wait to unlock other characters. I wish we could customize a boxer. If there was one thing I could have added it would be that.

Billy
12-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Really appreciate all the support folks, This game has been a pet project of mine for a long time so its great to see people enjoying it. I was actually expecting a few complaints about the random aspects of the knockdowns, I love it but I know many people don't like luck based elements.

As Billy said there is strategy to it, knowing when to punch and when to block, how to counter and uppercut with a straight punch etc. The less you get hit the less chance you get knocked out!

I actually toyed a bit with customisation, I think it is possible, I just need a bit of time to work out how to do it. Hopefully something I can add in future updates.

12-07-2017, 06:41 PM
great boxing game. but twice it has frozen up after 7 or 8 fights which results in starting a new career after ive rebooted the game and my device which is an iphone 8. apart from that i love it.
12-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Click image for larger version

Name:	85ED949A-42B0-4389-B367-0BB9094A3E2E.png
Views:	19
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	118371
This is what im referring to
12-07-2017, 06:54 PM
Looks fun but a small detail: uppercuts (or any power punches) are mostly done by twisting the body, not by throwing the arms in a circle
12-08-2017, 02:31 AM
Really enjoying this - bought the unlock. Hope it does well.
12-08-2017, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faemanx View Post
great boxing game. but twice it has frozen up after 7 or 8 fights which results in starting a new career after ive rebooted the game and my device which is an iphone 8. apart from that i love it.
Ah sorry about that, Im looking into it now, thanks for the screenshot.
12-08-2017, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrin View Post
Looks fun but a small detail: uppercuts (or any power punches) are mostly done by twisting the body, not by throwing the arms in a circle
Yeah because I'm not using animations for the punches the body remains pretty static, to get the proper body movement like you would see in other games I would have to use animations. The reason I went with the joints set up is I wanted the game to be physics based, so you can get hit and your head gets rocked back but you can also keep throwing punches, you don't switch to a 'hurt' animation that cancels out the punch etc.
12-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Played this quite a bit so far and am really enjoying it. Surprisingly tough game and I've found a need to be quite tactical at the top. Managed to get world champion on novice but really only through a lucky punch.

Please Colin can you consider implementing TKOs - it's really frustrating to knock someone
down three or four times a round and still have to carry on to another round.

Also the scoring can be quite opaque sometimes - not always number of punches, ignores stuns (I think) and only knockdowns are certain to score for you

Good game though

Last edited by pisiform; 12-11-2017 at 05:25 PM.
12-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisiform View Post
Played this quite a bit so far and am really enjoying it. Surprisingly tough game and I've found a need to be quite tactical at the top. Managed to get world champion on novice but really only through a lucky punch.

Please Colin can you consider implementing TKOs - it's really frustrating to knock someone
down three or four times a round and still have to carry on to another round.

Also the scoring can be quite opaque sometimes - not always number of punches, ignores stuns (I think) and only knockdowns are certain to score for you

Good game though
So you want the "three knockdown rule" in effect, I have been going back and forth over this one. Im following the unified rules of boxing which doesn't call for a fight to be stopped if a boxer goes down 3 times in a round. And I have myself been down three times in a round to come back and win the fight. I will test it out and see how it feels. Thanks for playing, glad to hear you are enjoying it.