Tough Mudder

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coconutbowling, Jun 2, 2013.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania

I fee like I'm the only one crazy enough on this forum to participate in this. I'm going tomorrow and it's gonna be a blast. 10-12 miles of running plus obstacles, I'm crazy excited.

Has anyone else here participated in this or plans to?

2. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    A) Have fun. Mud is always fun.
    B) No. I want to, but I am not physically fit for it yet. I can run, but I couldn't pass The JROTC PFT (Old standard and new, diffrence being that old standard was also military basic standard and new is well... God knows.).
    Someday.
    This summer I will go rocky.
    I will train.
    Weakness, I must break you.

3. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    It's mostly mental, and with the people there egging you on I'm sure you could do it. Good luck with training though. I still have a lot I want to do, even after this.

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    #4 saansilt, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    Oh rah mate.
    I just want to get slimmer. And get Cardio, Rule #1
    I think that if I really worked on it, I probaldly could go for actual enlistment. But my goals lie on another path. For now.
    If we get a space marine corps I am so signing on, untested tech be darned.

5. Kamil_GoodnightGames

Kamil_GoodnightGames Well-Known Member

May 6, 2013
    New Jersey
    #5 Kamil_GoodnightGames, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
    my friends participated today. they went as team america. not the trey and matt movie but kinda humorous patriotic people. I would have participated but i am just starting to get better from spring allergies which make my asthma act up really bad. I might try it on the next go, but i'd have to train over the summer...which im starting to get back into as i type this.

and also im glad someone posted this up. now that its close to summer, im always up for fun physical activity in the sun. Hopefully there is beer at the end? lol

I would be so psyched if there was more role play stuff obstacle courses like you get chased by necromorphs or something creepy.

6. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    OH man, I'm sore but it was well worth it. Most fun (and pain) I've had in a long while. You'd think cardio would play a huge role, but since there are so many obstacles, it's basically half mile > obstacle > half mile > obstacle and that gives you time to breathe. Also, the entire course was hills so it sucked. Would do it again.

7. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Its called zombie run, or somesuch name.
    Looks as if you had...
    Some ups and downs.