Universal Ravensword: Shadowlands - (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 19, 2012.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    You can buy houses and furniture to furnish them.

2. adichandra

adichandra Active Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Weird stuff, i can't finish the "lost miner" quest because when i lead the miner out, he's gone. And now it's malcolm the trader whose daughter left him is the one who keeps following me now. Weird.

Attached Files:

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    update is in review now, which means it should be soon.

4. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    How can I do that? The miner quest has always worked just fine for me. :(

5. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    why after obtain the the third ravenstone ,i cant enter to the north aven because the game crashes.

iphone 5 ios 6.0.1

6. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    drop all side quests that are in north even and try again. hopefully the side quests aren't completed.

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Update 1.1 is out!

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    YEAH! Thanks Josh for keeping us informed with the update!

Hopefully more content/quests soon ;)

9. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yay! How do we get the new swords? Are they better then the ravensword?

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Bug: if you roll while rolling, the character will "sprint".
    BTW, I'd like to see an option to disable one of the buttons for actions like opening doors, talking, etc. Also, I think that the new button should turn red if you can steal something.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I would kill to get dual wield and 2 handed weapons added in a update, is that possible Josh?

12. Ravensword Lover

Ravensword Lover Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    #1592 Ravensword Lover, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
    JoshCM,

Just registered to share my thoughts directly with you.

Well, to be honest I was excepting just a little more, but still that's one hell of a fricking-outstanding-brilliant game, if you consider it's size and platform.

As an amateur Skyrim modder and player I'd like to help the improvement of the game by simply listing some "less shiny" spots of the game I've discovered to you. I can guarantee a proper solution to the problems on the list will bring your game one step closer to mobile-Skyrim, or at least mobile-Oblivion. Here we go:

-First of all, the enemy AI. Most of them just wander aimlessly or walk between two waypoints, and they do not take any action unless you approach really close to them. Please increase their trigger area to start attacking you, and the distance between their waypoints.
    -And the NPC AI. All of them just stand idle without any reactions. At least you can make them walk around in a certain area or look at the side you are standing in. By the way, citizens roaming the town are fine but their number is insufficient. Doubling or tripling their number will solve this issue.
    -The game is not so ranger/mage/archer etc. friendly. Some missions force you to engage the enemy with a melee weapon. More freedom wouldn't hurt.
    -Selection of the spells is also an issue. The available runes are scarce. And also I haven't encountered any end-game runes. Please add more variety like frost novas, meteors, lightnings, earthquakes.
    -The equipment is suffering from the same problem. Definitely the game needs more weapons and armors. You may also consider adding more jewelry with different effects like Critical Hit, chance to stun, increased movement speed etc.
    -Not so necessary, but more variety in the weapon models would be awesome. But again, current models are fine too.
    -Hand to hand combat could be a very good bonus. No special equipment like gauntlets needed. Just a smooth animation with some talent tree to spend the points on.
    -And please increase the texture resolution of the shields. At least incrase the bump map size. They look like they are from the PS1 era in first person. Weapons are pretty good when viewed close, though.
    -Some animations need a little tweaking. For example you can smoothen the death animation of the player character. Giant enemies need more swift animations too.
    -Increase the attacking methods of melee weapons. Players always like switching between stabbing, slashing, mauling and thrusting.
    -Voice acting is quite satisfying. But it would be more satisfying if we could hear the actors' voice in all dialogs. It greatly helps enhancing the immersion.
    -Let us attack the citizens, shopkeepers and every other NPCs in the game. Some of us (including me!) like being a filthy villain and killing innocents.
    -Add more varieted looting please. Chests should have a chance to contain almost every type of equipment in the game. And please let us take all the equipment from the dead humanoid NPCs including their armor and jewelry they are wearing on.
    -Two handed weapons, light and heavy armor types is crucial at the year were living in.
    -And last of all, please add an option to dual wield. Like I said, more variety, more people like the game.

Hence my name, I'm very impressed with Ravensword 2. You certainly smashed the iOS game standards, so I reviewed and played your game as a console game (PS2 era) and still very pleased. With these points I listed I hope you can make it even better, so Ravensword 2: Shadowlands can take it's hard-earned place amongst iOS classics.

My best regards,

Ravensword Lover

13. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    [​IMG]

need help please!.

how can pass here in the shadowlands?

14. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    There should be platforms for you jump up.

15. Ne0ndrag0n

Ne0ndrag0n Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    O boy new armor!

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Where?

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Updating now :)

18. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    Where can I get the new swords? I wanna hunt them down since I finished the game last night,was pretty cool now I'm just looking for side quests even though I'm pretty sure I've done most of them

19. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    I'm downloading the update now. Can someone tell me where to acquire the new swords and armor? Is it hidden at a location, or is it available at a vendor?

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    They are in high level chests.