★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

02-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game releases on Tuesday, anybody else on the forums here picking it up? To be honest I am using most of the game as a stepping stone to learn the Lore behind their MMORPG before it comes out.
02-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm considering it- recently played through the demo and have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I was impressed by the polish, depth, and loot, but on the other hand the third person perspective & camera, button mashy-combo-ey setup, as well as the quasi-open world gives me pause.... I am undecided.

02-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohden View Post
I'm considering it- recently played through the demo and have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I was impressed by the polish, depth, and loot, but on the other hand the third person perspective & camera, button mashy-combo-ey setup, as well as the quasi-open world gives me pause.... I am undecided.
You could google the live streams for it. 38 Studios handed out copies of the game so on launch day some well known streamers could play and watchers could enter for a chance to win some stuff. Give you a feel for the game without purchasing it.
02-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Looking for some impressions and feedback. Interested to hear if anyone has picked it up yet. I'm leaning toward taking the plunge on this one.
02-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohden View Post
Looking for some impressions and feedback. Interested to hear if anyone has picked it up yet. I'm leaning toward taking the plunge on this one.
Don't hesitate for a second if you even remotely enjoy Action/RPG titles. This game so far is spectacular! The controls feel flawless on M+KB and the visual/graphical style is terrific.

Shots from the PC version (AMD X4 635+, GTX 465, 4GB RAM):

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs
02-08-2012, 08:07 AM
Played the demo - I hated the shield magically appearing when you pressed the button... that's amazing magic that is!
02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
I've had a promotional copy for just over a week now and can't recommend this enough!
While the story isn't as strong as Skyrim, the combat is top notch and probably the best I've seen in a RPG. The game kind of looks like Fable but stomps all over it in terms of gameplay.

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
02-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Good to hear the positive comments. I just got home with the last 360 copy my GS had. Those are nice lookings PC screen Kidd. I don't have a PC right now. I've been holding out with my ancient iMac, and waiting to get a PC until Diablo III releases.
02-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Wow, awesome impressions so far then. I'd love a RPG with good combat on the 360. Skyrim definitely doesn't satisfy that, but it does everything else pretty well. Will probably be getting it this weekend. Lol, I sure hope it plays better than the Fable series, since Fable III was trash.

Twitter: @back2this
02-08-2012, 10:55 PM
It's honestly becoming tougher for me to find faults in the game the more I play.

From the smooth camera angles to the silky controls, visuals and special effects, it all just comes together into a fantastic experience. Def. one of the best games i've played in a long, long time.

Gamecenter: KineticBlur
Now Playing (iOS): Hearthstone, Battleheart: Legacy
Now Playing (PS4): Watch Dogs