Finger Balance team want to hear your voices

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Wesley, Aug 10, 2010.

?

How do you think of Finger Balance?

1. The game is too hard for me. It only frustrates me.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. The level order is a mess.The easy levels should be brought forward so I won’t get stucked easily.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. The unlock order should be better. Unlocking 1-N and 2-E after finishing 1-E is not good enough!

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Finger Balance is awesome! I love it and nothing should be changed.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

#1 Wesley, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    As we see so many 1 star ratings and reviews in App Store complaining about how difficult Finger Balance is, we want to make a poll to hear the voices of you players.

You can leave your thoughts of improvement. If your idea is finally adopted by us we will reward you with a $15 iTunes gift card.

2. TheUnrealEngine

TheUnrealEngine Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Student/Lifeguard
    Vancouver, BC
    #2 TheUnrealEngine, Aug 10, 2010
    To be honest I'm loving it just the way it is, it's both casual and yet challenging, but I get caught up in trying to beat my high score constantly. Trick is to be patient and learn the moves to keep the ball from rolling all over the place.

The only thing I could think of to maybe lower the difficulty level would be to make an easy mode where the ball has a shield and keep the leaderboards seperate, but like I said before, it's great the way it is.

EDIT: or maybe add a bullet-time feature where at the press of a button, a player can slow it down for a brief period of time on easy mode to get better control.

3. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    The game is awesome! It's all about patience :), I had some troubles with level 10 but finally finished it.
    Please add more levels soon!

4. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    #4 270Kp, Aug 10, 2010
    I don't have this game yet, but I am planning to get it. If you need it reviewed, pm me.

5. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    #5 Touchgamer3g, Aug 10, 2010
    This game and its difficulty is perfect the way it is. I don't know why there are so many 1 star ratings in the App Store saying that the game is too hard. It's supposed to be challenging... it's a game!! If it was too easy I bet they would complain just as much.

Don't listen to the bad reviews. This game is great. I am almost finished all of the levels and can't wait for more to be added (and hopefully a level editor, too :)).

If a level editor is added them the people who think the game is too hard can make their own easier levels. And same goes for the people who want harder levels. It's a win win!

6. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    For me its not frustrating but it is way to hard. I cant get past level 5!

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Although I don't have the game, I think easier levels should always come before harder levels. It may make the player frustrated at the sudden increase in difficulty. Also, if they aren't able to progress through the game because of being stuck on that level, it would prolly make them mad because they don't get to play the whole game.

Also, since there are sooo many reviews saying it's hard, you probably should tone the difficulty down a bit. While people on TA may think it's okay, a lot of us are much more hardcore gamers than the general public.

8. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    I don't think there's any mess of unlocking new levels. The game is a challenge, so the difficulty should be increased. The levels are sorted by the similar patterns. I hope you can add more levels or add a feature like level editor. Thus players can create and share their own levels. Besides, since you use OF feature, can you create some Achievements to add more fun? I love to challenge Achievements. If some people think it's too hard to accomplish, I think developer can add an official walkthrough video in-game or on Youtube. Thus we can see how you get the Target time. :p Or even beat your target time. :D

I hope the above does help you. BTW, the game still does not support app switching.