★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Outwitters - New Game from One Man Left (Devs of Tilt to Live)

04-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Game II by One Man Left (Tilt to Live)

One Man Left has announced on its blog Game II (working title probably). They have said that it will be something completely different.

The developer has stated on thier blog:

"I’d like to start by saying that we love Tilt to Live, and there’s still a long list of update ideas we could try. This is probably not the last you’ll see of the old arrow n’ dots, but let’s give it a rest for now. We feel a need to demonstrate to ourselves and the world that we are no one-trick pony. We want to be such a tricky pony!
In that spirit: Game II is a multiplayer-focused, turn-based strategy game for everyone. “For everyone” means that you won’t have to play a 25 minute tutorial before you can start having fun. There aren’t 30 buttons onscreen, there’s no dialogue to skip, and you don’t have to be a space marine. Turn-based meaning you can play a match all in one sitting, or back and forth at your convenience like Words with Friends.
The prototype is literally just being finished, so not a ton of details feature-wise yet. We’re definitely going for local and online multiplayer (with matchmaking), so you can have fun with a friend or with a Stranger Danger. You’ll have a number of races to choose from, each with a unique advantage on the battlefield. Below are some characters concepts for the Plant and Cuddly teams (“for everyone” also means there’s a cuddly team)."

Here is the pic from their blog:

"Also pictured: a severed head from the Robot team. Production for Game II is now in full swing, and it will be ready for release later this year on iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad. Whether it will be two apps or universal has yet to be determined. We’ll continue blogging this weekly-ish with additional artwork and updates on our progress."

Other Pictures from their Blog:

Last edited by crex; 07-29-2011 at 03:04 PM.
04-04-2011, 12:17 AM
Sounds interesting, and we know its gonna be polished if it's from onemanleft.

Thanks for the news! (Like I needed another iOS game else to look forward to this year )

*adds to 'upcoming' wishlist*

Working on a wiki for Wayward Souls, so feel free to help out! Link to a list of its current pages:
http://wayward-souls.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_Content

04-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Looks intriguing, are we talking about a Worms-clone here I wonder?
04-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm sure this will be fantastic. I'm excited that the new game will be in a totally different genre. I wonder if it'll play something like Advance Wars (my favorite turn-based strategy series).

I'm a dev at Namazu Studios.
Check out iDuel Online on the App Store
See what I've been playing on my Backloggery Profile
04-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Looks intriguing, are we talking about a Worms-clone here I wonder?
OneManLeft is a pretty good studio, this will be something quite different from Worms, and quite good.
04-04-2011, 06:29 PM
INSTABUY! One of the few developers I trust and love!

Ipad - 64 GB - 5.0.1 / Iphone4S - 32 GB - 5.0.1
GameCenter - Abisco79
04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
One Man Left has to be good, but I'm not in love with the concept.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
04-05-2011, 01:29 AM
What?I sthis the game taht i played which made me frustrating...
04-05-2011, 03:32 AM
OP: you left out this rather important quote from the blog (which followed after the image):

"Also pictured: a severed head from the Robot team. Production for Game II is now in full swing, and it will be ready for release later this year on iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad. Whether it will be two apps or universal has yet to be determined. We’ll continue blogging this weekly-ish with additional artwork and updates on our progress."

One to watch, definitely.
04-05-2011, 03:51 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
OP: you left out this rather important quote from the blog (which followed after the image):

One to watch, definitely.
thnx. Added it to first post.