What anime are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pocketnova, Jan 4, 2015.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm sorry about earlier recommending The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. For the most part it was a bad recommendation.
    Right now, I am rewatching The entire Dragon Ball series. I'm starting with Dragon Ball and working myself through DBZ to get ready DBZ Super.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I actually quite liked Saiki K and ended up watching the entire series, I did keep to the 5 ep omnibuses however as I struggle to get into very short shows but I thought it was pretty funny with likeable characters.

Humour wise I think Gabriel Dropout and Konosuba will likely be the only currently airing shows I can get a laugh from, although I'm not a fan of the new Konosuba art direction thankfully the humour is still there though.

Hellsing ultimate is what I'm watching today.

3. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Lol, then I take it back then. :D

4. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I just finished watching all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and all of the anime films and specials. It took less then 2 months! #

5. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    #725 jForsythe, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Ghost in the shell again haven't watched it in ages the movie has a lot to live up too, can it do it.?

p.s. Deathnote is awesome the live action movies were pretty good too probably one of the better movie remakes.

What anime movie remakes are good.?

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Finished Sword Art Online, which I mostly really enjoyed. The first parts of season 1 and 2 definitely more than the second halves. Wondering what to move on to next...

7. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Funny enough I'm reading through the first four "Sword Art Online Progressive" novels, basically it's way more detailed than the show each book concentrates entirely on one or two floors and I'm finding it very good.

I've always like Sword Art Online honestly it get's an unfair amount of hate, can't wait to check out the new movie when I can as well.

Similar Anime to Sword Art online

Closest would likely be Log Horizon or Overlord, there's also a parody called "sword art online abridged" it's quite funny, you can find on Youtube there's only about 10 short eps.

8. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #728 OrangutanKungfu, Mar 15, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Cheers for the tips. Not sure I want another anime that's in exactly the same MMO vein, though. I had no idea SAO was so divisive until recently, either. I admit, the whole Suga storyline made me uncomfortable (who looks at a siblings differently on finding out you're actually cousins?), but the rest of it seemed to involve pretty standard anime tropes, even the sexism. Looking forward to the movie too.

I'd rather find more stuff like Rurouni Kenshin or Samurai Champloo - I like those historical-set action series. That said, since I have Netflix, I might give Mushishi and Attack on Titan a go, as they're there and I don't have to do any deep-sea internet fishing to get them.

EDIT: Decided on Tokyo Ghoul, as it's also on Netflix and I'd heard good things. And yeah, it's good.

9. Kyaawai

Kyaawai Member

Mar 27, 2017
    I'm watching the second season of Kono Suba!

10. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    Anyone have Crunchyroll, the anime tv service? Go check out "The Ancient Magus' Bride". Two out of three prequel episodes are already out, the last will come out in September right before the anime begins in October (based on the stunningly beautiful and heartfelt 'Beauty and the Beast'-like manga). As you might guess from the reference, it's about two people who are trying to help each other find their inner strength and humanity, and the people who either help or thwart them.

11. kate29

kate29 New Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Attack on Titan 2

12. Dexintgames

Dexintgames Member

Jun 26, 2017
    rewatching the Dragon ball series:D

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I did the same thing a few months ago. Are you going through dragon ball and dragon ball z? I rewatched all of it to get caught up for Dragon Ball Super. :)

14. Dexintgames

Dexintgames Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Well, I didn't rewatch for Dragonball Super. I mainly watched my moments in Dragon ball that liked. the moment Vegeta and Goku sacraficing themselves. Goku meeting his grandfather Son in the after world.:D

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    When the 3rd Kizumonogatari film became available a week or so ago I binged all three movies together and a ton of things that never quite clicked for me as far as the whole Bakamonogatari series went suddenly fell into place.

So I've decided to rewatch everything and I have to say I'm enjoying it even more than I did the first time it's honestly weird how so many things are suddenly making more sense on the second watch.

16. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    Let's revive this!
    My Hero Academia and Restaurant To Another World, are current views. Couldn't get more different.

ANIME Recommendations

- Series -
    FruitsBasket (series)
    Mushishi (s)
    Cyborg009 (s)
    BlackJack (s)
    Kino'sJourney (s)
    NatsumeYuujinchou (s)
    My Hero Academia (s)
    Full Metal Alchemist (s)
    Free! (s)
    Attack on Titan (s)

- Movies -
    Miyazaki [any] (creator)
    StudioGhibli [any] (producers)
    Hosoda [any] (creator)
    SummerWars (movie)
    WolfChildren (movie)
    The Boy and the Beast (movie) TheGirlWhoLeaptThroughTime (m)
    Patema Inverted (m)
    Your Name. (m)

Other

dotHack [.hack] [any](multimedia)
    Tenchi Muyo In Love (m & series)
    The Ancient Magus' Bride (m & series)

17. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Currently nearing the end of Kill la Kill - it's insane, far more hentai than I'm usually comfortable with, but I've enjoyed it a lot.

Attack on Titan, which I've skipped till now as I don't usually care for mecha stuff, has just switched to being downloadable on Netflix (it was streaming only before), so I'll probably tackle that next.

Anyone got any other recommendations for the Netflix catalogue? I've seen a few already (not necessarily on Netflix), like Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Tokyo Ghoul, Code Geass (not for me), Hunter x Hunter (brilliant), so other tips would be welcome.