Finger Physics - new game from PressOK Entertainment

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arhb, Aug 21, 2009.

1. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    I have just finished beta testing PressOK Entertainment’s new game: Finger Physics. Here is my review of the game as it stands at the present – pre release, and published with the permission of the developers.
    When I first started playing I thought this was another one trick pony, and very similar to the original Topple. But now, after playing for more than a few hours, I'm really getting into the game and am really enjoying its multiple challenges.
    The game revolves around the introduction, movement or removal of blocks within a normal gravity environment. However there are several game modes and different levels of achievement for each of the modes. Blocks are grabbed from the top or bottom, one at a time and placed in a construction. Stability is the key, and losing a block off the screen will mean you have to retry the level. The physics of the blocks is smooth, and the weighting, inertia and friction of the blocks are just what you would expect. The design is eye-catching and bright and the music is really nice in the background. In fact, the music makes me happy, and actually helps me get through the harder levels. This game is paced really well, allowing you to get thoroughly acquainted with one mode, then it hits you with another, and before you know it you are really having to plan out a strategy for each subsequent move, juggling block types and hoping that the top/bottom/side block holds on for a few seconds more. There may be a most ideal solution for each level, but it’s fun to try to find alternate ways to solve the levels, and if you are anything like me you will go back to older levels to try and build bigger, better and faster constructions. Also the game is fully OpenFeint enabled, and achieved challenges are displayed as normal.

Here are the gameplay modes:

Lawn Mode: You have to build a stable structure with the full number of available blocks (of different shapes and sizes). You win when your construction can hold stable for five seconds without your assistance for 5 seconds after the last block is placed.

Lunar Mode: You have to build the highest structure you can with a limited amount of blocks. Placing the last block, a star, on the structure above a certain height wins the level.

Magnet Block Mode: This is like Lawn Mode, but with the addition of red and blue magnetic blocks that are magnetic monopoles – ie, blue attracts red and vice versa, but same colors repel. This enables more interesting building options, as you can build horizontally as well as vertically. (There are also Orange explosive blocks that detonate if they touch each other)

Egg Mode: You have to safely guide an egg into a basket, by removing other blocks that stand in your way. There is a real strategy to this, as often several elements have to be removed at the same time, which allows falling blocks to interact, pushing the egg into the basket.

Underwater Mode: Lawn Mode in water. Blue shapes rise and Green shapes sink. You have to keep all your shapes on the screen and build a stable construction.

Free Mode: All of the above, together.

All in all, a really enjoyable casual puzzle game with some really clever tricks and modes up it’s sleeve.

Attached Files:

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Attractive graphics... check
    Multiple modes... check
    Physics... check

Insta-buy.

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    wow:eek: those are a lot of modes you've got there

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Have the devs hinted at a release date yet?

5. arhb

arhb Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    NYC
    They didn't say. There might be even more in the finished game though, because they are still polishing it up.

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I am also beta testing this game. It is fantastic. It is like a topple plus perfect balance plus more. It is really good.

7. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    yep, cool looking game. I like the multiple modes as well as the graphics.

8. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm definitely going to get this game when it's released. I love physics games and the graphic style suits the game perfectly.

9. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    This is a very good game, but I must be extremely horrible :p I haven't encountered a free mode yet.

10. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    i tested and i was not impressed at first it was just like topple went back and played a little more and it blew me away with all the different modes very fun game i love physics games and this does not disappoint

11. RyanM

RyanM Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    Finger Physics Release

Hey Guys-

We have the final Free & Full builds of Finger Physics as of this morning, it will be submitted to the App Store by EOW. We'll keep you guys updated on release date - hoping for the weekend of the 19th or 26th.

12. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Hooray! definately pickin it up!!!!

13. ttursas

ttursas Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Male
    Senior game programmer
    Vantaa, Finland
  14. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    wait why does it say free when its not?

15. Crash

Crash New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    #16 Crash, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
    For 1 Day Only...
    Finger Physics is FREE!

Don't miss your chance to get the full version of Finger Physics (regularly $.99) for free!

For 24 hours, starting January 6th your favorite puzzle-stacking-finger-loving iPhone game is free!

Finger Physics Home Page