Eden: Renaissance - Adventure Puzzle game with Storytelling & Stunning GFX!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JayTLK, May 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTLK

JayTLK New Member

#1 JayTLK, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
    [​IMG]

FOR BETA TESTING PLEASE REFER TO THE END OF THE POST

Hello everyone!
    I'm Jay, the founder of The Last Kind, a small but super dynamic start-up that gathers a passionate team coming from all over the world (France, USA, Canada, China, Korea...). We started our indie adventure back in 2014, after working for years for big names.
    It took us a lot of efforts and perseverance to build our team, get settled in a studio of our own, find funds, and get our first game out!
    At the Last Kind, we live to make great games and share them with the world. We hope you'll like what we do!
    Today, we're very proud to present to you our first project together. Eden: Renaissance!

Eden: Renaissance is an adventure puzzle game, turn-based, with stunning graphics and storytelling, currently at the end of its development, for Mobile platforms.
    Embark upon an extraordinary journey and play through more than a hundred of tricky, hand-crafted levels, wrapped around a captivating story-line.

[​IMG]

You play as Ran, an young and adventurous archaeologist who is about to discover the best kept secret of human history. As part of an archaeological expedition in Antarctica, Ran spends most of his time studying artifacts his team digs out. A true calling for him… being a nerd helps a lot!

[​IMG]

One of his latest finding is a mysterious Crystal that doesn't seem to match with any of the elements of the periodic table, and that, once cracked open, revealed a cube that seemed to be coming from another world!

[​IMG]

Following the pulsing light this cube emits, Ran is led into a huge icy cave, where he encounters what appears to be an unknown life form...

[​IMG]

Befriend one of these unknown creatures, Eden, help it recover its full power and master the natural elements, cooperate with it to find your way out... and in the meantime, accomplish something much greater... like.. saving the World!

[​IMG]

The Main Features

Take advantage of both characters and experience their gameplay synergy.

[​IMG]

Take advantage of Eden's 10 elemental skills: Wind Blow, Mini-Jump, VOID Bang, Ice Melting, Burst of Fire, Extinguish Fire, Cool-down Lava, Grow Vines (and climb!), Petrify enemies, Grow Plant traps, Hover from one point to another!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Face 4 different enemies, each of them having a specific behavior... So you'll need to be crafty to get rid of them!

Defeat a gigantic boss featuring its own set of mechanics.

[​IMG]

Collect more than 100 hidden items to unlock 9 different outfits (most of them being a wink to the geek culture... Are you going to recognize them? )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy more than 30 minutes of both in-game and illustrated cut-scenes.

[​IMG]

Travel around the world and enjoy the beauty of our 7 unique stunning environments.

[​IMG]

Bonus: Enjoy a (puzzling!) mini-game.
    Drive an energy source to its receiver using mirrors and avoiding energy leaks!

[​IMG]

Finally, we thought about as many people as we could (given our very tight budget) and localized Eden: Renaissance in 11 different languages! English, Chinese, Russian, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean and Japanese!

[​IMG]

Development stage
    We're a few weeks away from the game release, less than 100 bugs away from a gold build! We expect to submit the game to Apple by the end of May. We still need to stress-test our collection system (and if some of you are interested, we might need a few extra hands for those test!) and fix the last annoying bugs (you know how it works!)
    Android version will come later, since we'll have to handle a lot of additional compatibility and performance tests before release.

We do hope you'll like what we've prepared for you and that you'll leave comments and feedback here to help us!
    Oh... And for those who wonder... Eden Renaissance is not a Free-to-play game! :)

BETA TESTING

May 10th: I will start sharing the next build with 10 people. Priority will go to active members for this first round.
    Please don't be mad if you're not part of this first round. :)

We'll proceed as followed:
    - We'll use TestFlight
    - Drop me a PM with your TestFlight email.
    - I'll grant you access to our external bug base (Bitbucket - so we don't spam the forum), using the email you'll provide for your TestFlight account.
    - Once you've joined the Bugbase, I'll give you access to the latest build on TestFlight.
    - Enjoy (but don't forget to report bugs!)
    - See your name pop in the Credits section of the game! :)

Test-wise, the priority will go as followed:
    Priority 1 > check that in each world, picking up all the collection items will properly unlock the associated character's outfit and that each item collected is well recorded on the World Map data and the outfit menu counter.
    Priority 2 > on "low-end" devices (iPhone 5S, iPad 4, iPad 4 mini, iPad Air) report any level that plays at less than 25 FPS.
    Priority 3 > Any Gameplay blocker (normally we should have gotten rid of them)
    Priority 4 > Any strange Gameplay behavior that you might encounter :)

Localization extra test slots: If you're a native speaker in Russian, Polish, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, we'll be very happy to have your opinion on the translation we've made, and a quick ingame check, in case we forgot some text spilling out :)

2. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Where do i sign for beta tester? :D

3. JayTLK

JayTLK New Member

Little bit of patience :)

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks interesting there's a lot that went into this I see, looks like that Laura Croft Go game but with more elements

5. elekchron

elekchron Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Looks great, I like your art style. Keen for beta.

6. Akaki

Akaki Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Community Moderator 2K, Community Support EA.
    Michigan, United States
    I would love to help you guys out. Looks really exciting!

7. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'd love to beta this as well (devices listed in signature below). Keep us posted as to signup / TestFlight -- this game looks fantastic.

8. brotherpatrick

brotherpatrick New Member

Nov 7, 2016
    This looks beautiful, and is right in my wheel house for gaming! I'd love to Beta this on iPhone 6s plus! ✨

9. PartyCrasher

PartyCrasher New Member

May 7, 2017
    It looks amazing! I'd love to beta test (iPhone 6, newest iOS).
    Also, if you'd like to add Czech localization, I'd be happy to help (no money, just the XP :)

10. Prophecy07

Prophecy07 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    This looks UNBELIEVABLY cool. I am absolutely in love with the art and the Miyazaki-esque ancient giant robots. It would be my absolute pleasure to test this, if you're looking for a 7+ tester.

11. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Willing to beta test on my iPad Air 2!

12. Tristen Hoge

Tristen Hoge New Member

May 8, 2017
    Beta test

Looks awesome. Definitely up to Beta Test. iPhone 7 plus

13. iowadave

iowadave Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 1, 2013
    Beta tester volunteer

Eden looks phenomenal and I would love to volunteer as a beta tester.

14. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    Game looks really nice, sounds like something I'd be interested in playing. I'd be willing to Beta Test as well if more beta testers are still needed.

15. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    I am in on beta testing I phone 7+

16. tlclark2418

tlclark2418 New Member

Mar 21, 2017
    Would love to beta test!!

Extremely interested in beta testing your game.. (iOS)

[email protected]

17. Vercettio

Vercettio New Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Looks great! would love to test this:)

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Looks awesome.

Would like to help beta test as well (iPhone 6S and iPad Air).

19. Noinedoe

Noinedoe Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Love adventure puzzle game! And the graphic looks amazing. If you need a beta tester, please count me in!

20. 11sanches11

11sanches11 New Member

May 9, 2017
    Looks very intresting, may i inv to beta test (iPad Air, 10.2)?