Hyper Sentinel from Andrew Hewson

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by four5six.pixel, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. four5six.pixel

four5six.pixel Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    #1 four5six.pixel, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Just £4 gets you...
    -Mobile game (universal app) for iOS and Apple TV

£10 gets you....
    - Mobile game (released later this year)
    - MP3 Album with 10 incredible remixes of classic game soundtracks
    - Complete eBook of the history of Hewson as a pioneer of the early gaming scene, including exclusive commentary from the likes of Steve Turner and the founders of D.I.C.E (Battlefield)
    - 17 pieces of amazing 3D render artwork in 4K digital
    - Your name in the credits of the game :)

...and will go towards helping us add even more features and extras into the game....

Back us now and claim your rewards:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/robhwson/hyper-sentinel

Hi, it's been a little while since I was able to update the progress on Hyper Sentinel. Sorry about the information blackout.

For those old enough to remember :) Andrew Hewson's company produced some of the finest games on the planet for ZX Spectrum, Commodore and Amstrad in the 1980s. Hits include Paradroid, Uridium, Avalon, Ranarama, Cybernoid, Nebulus (Tower Toppler)... the list goes on. He also discovered the programmers now known as DICE.

So it is with very great pleasure that I can announce that Hyper Sentinel is now being published by Andrew Hewson. We've been working very closely together for the last 6 months to make Hyper Sentinel the very best game we can for you guys.

I can also announce that Hyper Sentinel is now coming to iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.

Keep an eye here in the coming days where I can share with you the latest gameplay video.

We would like to add some extra features, extra soundtracks (by Fractures) as well as bring the game to other platforms. To do this we are running a new Kickstarter this Friday, with loads of goodies!

Take a hop over to Hyper Sentinel to sign up for early alerts!

Keep checking back here this week for more.....

2. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    TL;DR
    Hyper Sentinel is now being published by legendary industry veteran Andrew Hewson (Paradroid, Uridium, Ranarama, Cybernoid..)

The game is coming on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV and has the following features:

Super fast arcade action
    Fractures soundtrack
    Unique levels and multi-stage boss fights
    3 control methods (Relative, Virtual Stick, Absolute)
    MFI support
    GameCenter
    iCloud sync between all devices (and Apple TV)
    Inline Video Recording - record your gameplay and upload directly to YouTube
    Twitter/Facebook screenshot posts
    Unique 2Cents system allowing direct feedback to the developers.

Join our kickstarter to support our final development (as well as conversion to PC etc) and get access to a DEMO of the full game including 3 levels and 15 medals to collect!

Hyper Sentinel

3. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
  4. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Hi TA awesome game playing people!

Just a quick heads up that our kickstarter starts tomorrow!
    http://www.hypersentinel.com

We really want to bring you the very best game on iOS and Apple TV.... we've already got a game full of features (as above) but we want to add even more music and cool stuff from Fractures, also extra playable ships, levels, even more polish etc We've already got tons of positive press but we need even more to make this game Super Super Awesome!

Huge thank you in advance, your contributing so that this Indie Dev can make even more games for you guys too (no adds, no IAP - just a full game like it used to be!!) :cool:

TA is the best!

5. Space Pirate Cat

Jul 1, 2016
    Wow.. I've grown up playing Paradroid, Nebulus and.. obviously Uridium, which Hyper Sentinel really reminds me of :D
    Best of luck for the success of this project!

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    This game looks awesome!!! How much is it going to cost?

7. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I just kickstarted you with £15, which makes it my most expensive game ever. Good luck and looking forward to a working demo.

8. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Thanks Space Pirate Cat!

It's inspired by lots of games, Uridium was (still is) a cracking game. We've made this one a little more accessible, it has 3 difficulty settings including a special Retrogamer mode.

9. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Thanks you so much for the kind words :)

We haven't decided a price just yet, but it will be affordable with no ads or extra purchases. It will also be a universal app across iPhone, iPad and AppleTV with cloud game saves between the 3.

10. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    What can I say my friend. Absolutely thank you very much!!

I'll be onto sorting it out for you!

11. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    Demo

The first wave of backers have now received their demos, and are already starring in the in-game credits for everyone to see.

Please back us if you want to save the world from the Alienoid invasion :eek:

12. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
  13. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    More goodies

Hi everyone on TA.

If you like the look of the game, we have a special package available ... Get the game and all this stuff for just £10....

- Mobile game (released later this year)
    - MP3 Album with 10 incredible remixes of classic game soundtracks
    - Complete eBook of the history of Hewson as a pioneer of the early gaming scene, including exclusive commentary from the likes of Steve Turner and the founders of D.I.C.E (Battlefield)
    - 17 pieces of amazing 3D render artwork in 4K digital
    - Your name in the credits of the game :)

This will also go towards helping us add even more features and extras into the game....

You can get the stuff by backing us here:

Also we have now been awarded an exclusive status of 'Project We Love' by Kickstarter itself.

Thank you all for the support \o/

14. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
  15. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    £4 for the game

To All Apple Gamers,

We've had some requests for a mobile only tier on the kickstarter. So there is now a pledge level of just £4 (sterling) to get the mobile game on release. You'll get the full game, no ads or iAP or anything like that.

You won't get it any cheaper on release :)

Also, if anyone in the UK is in the Leeds area next weekend we will be at the Super Retro Games Fair on Saturday showing off the game on Apple TV and iPads, so come along and have a play. There will be some competitions and goodies involved too.

http://retroevents.co.uk/retro-games-fair/

Thanks everyone for their kind words and support :)

16. four5six.pixel

Jul 2, 2015
    Software Dev
    UK
    If you want to play the demo version (4 levels) of Hyper Sentinel, then just pop over to http://www.hypersentinel.com to grab one of the TestFlight codes (while they last)

The demo features :

4 touch control schemes + sensitivity options
    MFI support
    GameCenter
    Challenges
    Twitter and FB integration
    In-game video recording

There will be more features in the final release, but this should give you all a feel for the game... Enjoy :)

17. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I received a new beta build with some new powerups, voices and music. It's simply amazing how this game gets better and better!

Unfortunately the Kickstarter pledging didn't kick in, so i guess that's the reason why we hardly won't see this retro shooter goddess this year on ios anymore. Pity of course, but i can assure all fans of this genre that you'll be in for an incredible nice treat once the game is out!

PS: Congrats to Fractures Music. You really know your stuff #

18. FRACTURES

FRACTURES Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hey thanks. Always really appreciated to hear feedback re music and sound design. The voice sound effects...loved doing those. I suggested to the dev and Hewson that it would really feel good for the gameplay to have some digitised, lo-fi, super-arcadey voice effects :)