Universal Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Tyranid Invasion (by Rodeo Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Ragnar Blackmane

Ragnar Blackmane Active Member

Aug 14, 2015
    A damn shame

2. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Friggin bugs

I just finished A3M2 on Veteran, and when I got to the third switch, it added up the XPs and then just said defeat and zeroed out everything for the whole team. I had a good amount of XPs built up since I was working on some high XPs skills. I think I'm done with the game. Too frustrating. Oh well. It was fun for the Normal go-round.

3. Apemantus

Apemantus Member

Sep 16, 2015
    IT Geek
    London
    Finally!

Finally got the IV UltraSmurf Assault#
    That's me done, got all the cards.

Shame the game seems to have been discarded, I did tweet Rodeo for an update but no reply... What a wasted opportunity.

Was looking forward to more chapters, Terminators, Jump packs, Librarians, vehicles, fixing the bugs, common sensing the inventory, multiplayer, building an army, invading planets, more missions, Chaos, Orks, Eldar, Necrons, cats & dogs living together, mass hysteria...

;)

Xcom 2 it is then, give the iPad battery a rest.

Attached Files:

4. subego

subego Member

Dec 25, 2015
    That's the one marine I'm missing!

5. Cerxop65

Cerxop65 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Whens xcom 2 coming out ?

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Yesterday.

7. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Ho boy xcom 2 on an iPad

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Nope. Only available for PC

9. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    I and the majority of the team left 4 months ago, so afaik tthere's no one to offer support or make content. Like most indie developers, you're only as good as your last game, and even though Deathwatch was Rodeos highest metric game, it didn't make enough so we had to move on.

If you need support, I'll try and help with what I can, I suggest hitting me up on Twitter, I don't think the official channels are monitored anymore (I used to do it), I can't offer any real support because I don't have access to tools or builds but I might be able to help. Don't flood me with a billion messages though, I don't get paid and I do it because I care #

10. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    So Rodeo is defunct now? That's a real shame.

In light of this development I just purchased Warhammer Quest on steam for $4.69. That price includes the expansion pack. I'll be picking up Deathwatch at some point also.

11. RodeoMatthew

RodeoMatthew Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2015
    QA and Community Manager
    Guildford
    It exists but only as a name, not sure what'll happen to the games and IPs, I imagine they'll be taken down at some point.

Grab a piece of history I guess

12. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    To me this shows what a terrible business it is to make mobile games. Sure Deathwatch had flaws which in hindsight are more easy to see, but overall it was extremely polished and very well done - my GOTY for sure.

So thanks Matthew for your superb support and devotion, and thanks Rodeo for an outstanding game and good luck to you and the team!

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #3593 Pitta, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Sigh.

I do not want to accept reality.
    It stings so much....put hundreds of hours in Hunters 2, Warhammer Quest and Deathwatch, had so much fun.
    Can't believe this year I won't die in anticipation for their next announcement.

Thanks Rodeo, for everything.

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #3594 sobriquet, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Warhammer Quest is where I figured out my iPhone could be a serious gaming device. I put more time into that game then any other iOS game. I had to buy it on Steam to preserve it, in some form, in my games library. This time next years iOS might not be compatible with the game.

Good luck guys. I hope to see more from you in the future.

15. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Shenandoah Studio, Playdek, Rodeo Games... All my favorite iOS developers are going down. This is so sad. Making premium games for iOS seems to be a very hard and unforgiving business. That's not fair!

16. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Wow, I can't believe this is actually true. Just goes to show how little I know of the world, I actually thought this game had been an astounding success. I loved my time with it, even if it eventually had to go, like most other games on a 16gb device.

I'm very sorry to hear about the end of Rodeo Games, but you're clearly very talented individuals, and I'm sure you'll bounce back...gloriously.

17. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Sorry to hear about Rodeo. Very nice of you to hang around, Matthew.

It's long been true of PC developers too. A single misstep of any sort - or just some bad luck - can and will put even the best developers out of business.

18. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    So sad to hear the news.
    Couldn't Rodeo and its IP be bought by a bigger studio :(
    Congrats on the whole team for delivering us some of the best iOS games I've ever played (Hunters 2, WH Quest and Deathwatch).
    I'm pretty sure such talented folks will find sthg else worthy of your skills.
    Again, so sorry to hear that Rodeo is now defunct and not just on hold... :(

19. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    I am sad to read that. Wish you the best for what comes next. I really liked Deathwatch.

20. inuse78

inuse78 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    A sad day.

I hate the way mobile gaming is headed. This is a perfect example of a quality game: amazing graphics, story line, great and simple exp system, difficultly was a challenge.

Yet there's top grossing games that are rubbish graphics, no challenge, just a monitised cash cow and people are hooked on them.