Finding Gnomes! 10 promo (point and click)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by PierreNilsson, Nov 16, 2013.

1. PierreNilsson

PierreNilsson Member

Dec 15, 2012
  2. bluezonesky

bluezonesky Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Used 67MHNYEMLYF6. Thank!

3. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Took T6HMK6WKENJ3. Thanks.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Taken T6HMK6WKENJ3 thank you very much.

5. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks, I picked up RTTPT6J3ER4Y

6. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I took JRETPNFWP7PE. All the rest below it were already taken. I enjoyed your previous adventure, "The King's Request", so am happy to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

7. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    All codes redeemed
    I'd love to hear impressions

8. PierreNilsson

PierreNilsson Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Promocodes to the people!

@dclose: I am very glad you found our last game enjoyable. I hope you will like this one as well.
    @Lazer Kat: I put out 10 more codes because of popular demand so I hope you will get one this time.

We are also very interested in opinions, so if anyone would care to write a short line about your impressions, it would be very appreciated. Good luck and have fun.

/Pierre (Peeking Peacock)

YYNJLWT6XPPK
    MT6FA9FKM3KN
    F3EKTN74ET4R
    7YXLHE3NREWJ
    YTYP6RF9JRY4
    9PEH3R7KPMPW
    3JXPTXEX4XN4
    4WMF63JHJWWW
    M39MAHK6HXER
    PT739M3PRM69

9. geniecivil

geniecivil Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    #9 geniecivil, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    hello can you send me one in PM please
    thanks

i used PT739M3PRM69 thanks

10. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    F3EKTN74ET4R taken taken
    Will update with impressions later

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    7YXLHE3NREWJ taken...

thanks a lot!

12. jeja

jeja Active Member

Jul 11, 2013
    I used 4WMF63JHJWWW, thanks!

13. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Redeemed 9PEH3R7KPMPW

Thank you

14. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    I got a code for this so I wanted to give imps. Unfortunately I haven't spent too much time with it yet, but ill say this::

It isn't really my sort of game, but I think people who love this kind of game will probably love this.
    The game runs smooth, and seems to be made well.
    Ill update imps when I get the chance to spend more time with it.

15. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I was going to start a thread in the main forum for this game, to discuss it, but I don't see it on the US app store anymore. Did it get pulled for some reason or has it just not been released yet? I see a link for it in Appshopper, but when I click to buy iTunes says the game is not available on the US app store. Same with the link on the first page of this thread.

Anyway, this is a nice little original point and click puzzler of the short-but-sweet variety. If you're a fan of the stuff made by Digi-chain Games, like the Mystery Lighthouse series, then you'll know exactly what to expect and like this one too.

A couple suggestions:
    - the fact that you end conversations without using punctuation takes some getting used to. I kept waiting for the person to go on speaking, because there'd be a period ending the first sentence, but not one ending the second
    ^^^
    Like this!

- There were some spelling and grammatical errors, the most egregious happening during the conversation with the Garden Gnome of Complaints, when one of the choices presented is, "Nonsens, no one likes to be alone"

Again, no period to end that sentence, but also the word nonsense is spelled incorrectly.

Finally, I appear to be stuck and I'm wondering if it's a bug or not. I've gained entry to the island and opened the door, but even though I have a working flashlight it's too dark to see anything and I can't move forward. My flashlight clearly lights up each side of the now-opened door area, so why can't I use it to see into the room beyond? Do I need something else here?

16. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Okay, I found the walkthrough online:

And I definitely found a bug! If you solve the island door puzzle without looking at the walls on either side first, that is you solve it through random chance, then you can't proceed! I never get to 18:35 in the video, because when I try the game tells me that the way is too dark, despite the fact that the door is open and I do have a working flashlight that I am using! So yes, definitely a bug!

17. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    This is now back on the app store, so I created a [thread=210484]discussion thread for it here[/thread].

18. PierreNilsson

PierreNilsson Member

Dec 15, 2012
    dclose, you are correct, that was a bug but it is now fixed. The 1.0 version were, sorry to say, not iOS7 compatible, resulting in a series of crashes. But it is now fixed as well as the flashlight bug (i found it also by random chance while testing, I think we talk about the same thing anyway. You cannot use the flashlight on the open door and cannot use it either. Now you can access the open door without using the flashlight if it is open).

Thanks for your kind words about our game, we have looked on lots of point and clickers of course and we try to add something of our own into the mix of great games. We have focused a lot on dialogues as a way to make the story alive and a way for gamers to make some choices now and then.

Because of the random crashes we pulled it until the update came out, we did not want bad reviews and unhappy gamers. But now it is up again as you have noticed.

To not use punctuation is of course just because we liked it, but if it annoys players maybe we should do something about it :)

Have a nice day!