Jump Birdy Jump!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ovogame, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    #1 Ovogame, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    EDIT: the game is now on the App Store, please check my new TA thread.

Hello everyone,

I'm extremely excited to present you with Jump Birdy Jump, my latest game coming extremely soon to the app store. If you want a chance to win a promo code, please register here: WIN A PROMOCODE

A little bird wants to join his better half but the cruel world won't let him. Collect as many stars as you can while jumping between wires and avoiding pitfalls.

Jump Birdy Jump is a fun little game hand-crafted by a guy in his garage after 19 weeks of eating nothing but ramen.

“I hope players will enjoy Jump Birdy Jump as much as I enjoyed developing it. I’m already working hard on new levels and new features for future updates. As a developer, I’m very excited about the possibility to let users create their own content for the game. I would love to release my tools so everyone could create their own levels for Jump Birdy Jump. That would be truly awesome.” - Jean-Claude Cottier, Jump Birdy Jump’s creator.

*** Highlights ***

- 60 challenging levels (more coming soon).
    - Original characters (I mean, have you ever seen a physics-based game on iOS starring birds?).
    - Simple game mechanism.
    - 0% cats.
    - Secret stuff you'll never find. Or maybe you will. We'll see.
    - Adorable artwork.
    - 100% fun for everyone.

Play the top-rated game in the Cottier household NOW!

*** Quotes from Jean-Claude’s family ***

“This is the best game I’ve ever played on iPhone. Wait, what's an eye-phone?” - His Mum. (In all fairness, Jump Birdy Jump is also the only game she's ever played on iPhone).

“This is completely stupid! They are birds, why can’t they just fly?” - His Dad.

“Yes, your game is nice Jean-Claude… Can you set the table? It’s time for lunch.” - Rachel, his Wife.

“We luv your game, daddy.” – Julien, Marine and Anaïs, his kids. (Paid with candies)

2. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Very impressive; looks polished and a lot of fun. Congrats on what looks like a fantastic game! :)

Signed up for your newsletters, too. Thanks for the preview!

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  4. Ovogame

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Thanks Anarkitty.

I find it pretty varied (obviously) and I've spent a lot of time designing the levels so it brings something new in a steady stream (either new object or new design in the levels). I'm already half way through a new chapter for the first update. my ambition is to bring a new game play element with any new chapter (well at least at the beginning). Also, if you haven't read the itunes description (you should, go on and read it :) ) I would LOVE to release my tools (on computer PC & MAC) to let people create their own level. That should bring a lot of creativity in the levels as I'm sure some of the player will come up with some very cool levels. I've got really long plans for the game but it is pointless to tell them now :). First, I need my initial release to be a success, so I can carry on working on this great little game.

JC

5. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Looks great. I really like these parachute ninja esque games.

6. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Looks pretty cool.

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Looks good, kind of a mix between Doodle Jump and Parachute Ninja/Spoing, but maybe a name change before the game goes out? Names like Bumpy Road stick, but this one is a little generic. Maybe something like...... Up and Away? Or Birdy Bounce?

8. Ovogame

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Hey!!! I like the name :)
    It kind of remind me this scene from the movie rainman: Run Forest Run :)

Initially, I wanted to call it Little Wings, but a great game with a fat bird in it just get released with almost the same name...

JC

9. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Oh, Little Wings would have been great! It's odd how things turn out the way they do.

10. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Tweety :D
    I don't know why but I stumbled upon this game almost everywhere. And I still enjoy stumbling upon it - which is a good thing I guess. Nice job !

11. Ovogame

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Really :)
    I'm just starting my marketing effort so, hopefully, you'll stumble on it even more.

thanks for the kind words

JC

12. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    I've had a sneaky play on this and it's ace. Should do very well on the store.

13. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

The game's looking good. Like the way the level ends - it's quite cute.

14. MoxyDave

MoxyDave Active Member

May 19, 2011
    Make awesome games for mobile devices
    Colorado
    Lookin' good my man! Keep it up!

15. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

had a little play around with this and so far so good. reminds me of Parachute Ninja but that's a good thing coz I enjoyed that game. definitely a fun little game to watch out for once it hits the appstore.

16. Eupatria

Eupatria Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    That's the problem
    Big Apple
    Really interesting and promisinggame! You've chosen an appealing game name.

17. Ovogame

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Thanks everybody. Did anyone took the time to read the itunes description just after the video... The first 2 lines are pretty standard as most people will see them, but I've try to be a bit original during the following description. What do you think? Is it funny or does it sound completely stupid? :)

PS: the game is currently in review by Apple. How exciting!!!

JC

18. Eupatria

Eupatria Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    That's the problem
    Big Apple
    oh, it's funny actually:rolleyes:

19. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Looks good!

Love the quotes from your family :D

20. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Looks really polish! I do like the name either!