Apple TV 3?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by iPadisGreat, Feb 22, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have been toying with the idea of getting an Apple TV 3rd generation (is that the current one?) mainly to watch Youtube on the telly.

Is the Youtube app on Apple TV good and stable? Anybody actually have an Apple TV?

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Do you have an Xbox 360 or PS3? Because they both have YouTube apps available, so if you have one or both you can just download that. Having said that, I think the Apple TV boots much faster and such, so it will get you to the app quicker. At least that is my understanding - I don't have an Apple TV to know for sure myself.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    My replacement refurb 360 RRoDed and MS wants to charge to replace it. My other console is the Wii and its new Youtube app cannot show a lot of videos and tends to freeze after using it a while...

So Apple TV good for Youtube? Can watch easily like using the Youtube or Jasmine app on iDevice?

4. #4 Connector, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    Yeah, youtube works fine on apple tv. Jasmine, tubebox, and others work fine. You can also save things to cache so you can play offline with tubebox, foxtube, etc.

Or you can do hdmi too

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262

Attached youtube hdmi tv picture

Attached Files:

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I've used youtube on my 2nd generation apple tv and it's worked flawlessly every single time.