Have you experienced huge loss of sales past few days?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Eastbound, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Eastbound

Eastbound Well-Known Member

My paid games have taken massive dips in sales, about 15% of what they usually are, but the free games have retained the same downloads.

I'm fairly certain this is directly related to the gameloft and EA onslaught of sales, but it's unbelievable to me that they dropped the prices of their games to $0.99...

Have you guys noticed a similar trend?

2. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Yeah, the past two days sales have been down around 50%, but thats fair enough really... it's only a few days of reduced revenue, so no giant problem :).

3. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Us too; sales have trended down a bit recently. Also for some reason, our Gomi HD weekend sales boost has disappeared. Starting a few weeks ago, Saturday and Sunday are selling the same as weekdays. The rest of our games are selling as usual, but I'm a little worried since Gomi HD is our best selling product ATM. Anyone else experiencing this?

4. Crescent Flare

Crescent Flare Well-Known Member

I have the same experience as well. Although I can't tell whether it is caused by EA and Gameloft's sales, or because my app isn't featured by Apple anymore.

5. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

That is exactly the problem: EA and Gameloft practically giving away all their big name stuff at 99 cents! There are a finite amount of people looking to buy games at any moment in time. If you were an average consumer with a dollar to spend, what would you do? The majority of them are going to buy some of the big name stuff on sale, which means fewer sales per day for the "little guys".