Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-22-2013, 03:48 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiddy View Post
These seem a little off, I know I've played more than 40 games and I'm only level 10.. Would be good to be able to see total XP along with win loss stats tho
Again, I can't confirm those numbers are 100% accurate because I didn't post them on Facebook, but they're the amount of XP you need at a particular level, starting from ZERO, to get to the next one.

For instance, you just hit Level 10. You need 800 NEW XP (either eight wins, sixteen losses, or some combination thereof) to reach Level 11. After which your XP effectively drops to zero and you need an unknown number (probably something like 850 XP) to reach Level 12. Repeat.

Honestly, trying to "level up" (for no real reason other than because they're levels and you're SUPPOSED to earn them - the meager Latinum you gain isn't really relevant) has kept me from buying any cards other than the Elite Sarek on sale yesterday.

If you have a "power deck," people will play you once or twice, realize they can't compete, unfriend you and never look back. You can't get XP that way!
Old 05-23-2013, 01:17 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Ah, that makes more sense, think I misread your original post thinking that 800xp would get you to level 10, as opposed needing per level... Do'h
Old 05-23-2013, 03:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiddy View Post
Ah, that makes more sense, think I misread your original post thinking that 800xp would get you to level 10, as opposed needing per level... Do'h
Yeah, that's the more traditional way they'd list XP. I couldn't make a chart like that without knowing ALL the numbers, not just every ten or so.

If I make a blind guess at the other XP level numbers between 1 through 10 (something like 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 / 650 / 700 / 750 / 800), you'd need to earn around 5,000 XP to reach Level 10.

Other "total XP" guestimates:
Level 20: ~16,000 XP (160 Friend Wins)
Level 30: ~33,000 XP (330 Friend Wins)
Level 40: ~58,000 XP (580 Friend Wins)
Level 50: ~95,000 XP (950 Friend Wins)

... let's stop there because it's getting depressing. ("Friend Wins" would be the fastest way to get there, but you could also reach Level 50 by LOSING 1,900 games in a row, or some combination of the two.)
Old 05-26-2013, 04:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Anyone playing this game may find the occasional game where a rival just won't take their next move, and worse, the game doesn't expire at the 36 hour mark. These games are "errors" caused by game data that somehow doesn't match what's on the server for one of the two players.

I'll explain the issues as I THINK I understand them. I might not be 100% accurate.

"Error" games are most likely caused by the app crashing or losing connection when it tries to update data with the server. That means you have an out-of-sync game, with each copy of the game thinking it's on a different move. These games can't advance because BOTH players are waiting for the other one to make the next move! And the 'error version' WON'T be deleted at the 36-hour mark, because the server doesn't recognize it as existing.

(If you get a 'nudge' from an opponent, click on the banner notification about the nudge and that brings you to a game where you're still waiting for your OPPONENT to move, that's a broken, "fake" game.)

One suggestion by Tech Support (which actually worked for me the last time I tried it!) is to Delete the App and reinstall it (you'll need access to the e-mail account which you originally used to sign up to be able to get the code to restore your data). Any 'broken' games will vanish, and any games that still exist but are 'broken' on YOUR end should be re-established so you can make your next move.

It doesn't ALWAYS work, but it's better than sitting around waiting! So if you suffer a hard crash back to the "desktop" while playing, you might need to do a reinstall if you have games afterwards where your opponent just doesn't want to take their turn.

(The "Over 36 Hour Inactive Game" Issue SHOULD be resolved when Version 1.1 is released. They've already released it, in fact. But being a long weekend and this probably not being a high-money-making-game, I doubt it's Apple's first priority to approve that patch.)

Last edited by Laire; 05-27-2013 at 04:36 AM..