• Publisher: D3PA
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 91.7 MB
  • Version: R76.1.284112
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: The Marvel Universe comes to life in the original match 3 RPG: Marvel Puzzle Quest! Join the alliance in this unparalleled match-3 puzzle battler that combines your favorite Super Heroes and Super Villains together with deep RPG leveling, player vs. player tournaments, alliance building and more! Be one of the 5 million around the world and unleash your inner super power!

A USA Today 10 Great Games Pick!

4 out of 5 stars from Touch Arcade!

9.1 out of 10 An intricately crafted, remarkably deep experience -- Marvel Puzzle Quest doesnt merely meet the expectations of its name, it exceeds them. - IGN.com (Editors Choice Award)

MATCH AND UNLEASH FURY
Match tiles to annihilate your opponents, harnessing superpowers from Hulks massive strength to smash your enemies or Professor Xs mind control to manipulate the game board!

RECRUIT MARVELS GREATEST HEROES AND VILLAINS
Recruit members of the X-Men, Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., Guardians of the Galaxy and more to create the ultimate Marvel dream team! Whether you combine Spider-Man with his arch-nemesis Venom, or Captain Marvel with her Ms. Marvel successor, Kamala Khan, assemble your very own epic team!

UPGRADE YOUR CHAMPIONS AND GAIN POWERFUL REWARDS
Harness the power of Iso-8 to upgrade your team and collect comics to unlock characters and abilities. Master and enhance your characters abilities to pummel your enemies!

PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN TOURNAMENTS AND MORE!
Snag the top rank in Tournaments, Alliances, and Season Play for new character rewards and other prizes!

BECOME PART OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE
Written by Marvel veterans Frank Tieri (Iron Man, Wolverine, Weapon X) and Alex Irvine (Iron Man: The Rapture, Daredevil Noir) and now with new events, features and tournaments that pull directly from the Marvel universe!

App is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean.

Exact-Psience's comments:

Not sure if this legit, but im downloading the game to see how the game is. Expectations arent too high though.
05-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Surprised this thread is so dead...

Any TA'ers still playing MPQ?

DBC

I give up.
05-11-2015, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Surprised this thread is so dead...

Any TA'ers still playing MPQ?

DBC
I play daily. There's not much to talk about though.

Simpsons Tapped Out: supersmashandy

05-11-2015, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andysmash View Post
I play daily. There's not much to talk about though.
lol

Decent alliance? Where in the transition are you (1*, 2*, 3-4*)? How's your PvE scaling?

DBC

I give up.
05-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Quote:
lol

Decent alliance? Where in the transition are you (1*, 2*, 3-4*)? How's your PvE scaling?

DBC
I jump around from alliance to alliance if they're not active enough in events. I haven't stayed with any for a decent amount of time.

I have no idea what Transition is and I don't understand what PVE Scaling means....

05-11-2015, 10:52 AM
Quote:
I jump around from alliance to alliance if they're not active enough in events. I haven't stayed with any for a decent amount of time.

I have no idea what Transition is and I don't understand what PVE Scaling means....
Ah, got it.

I'm in a T100 "casual" alliance, transition is going from 1 to 2 to 3/4 star characters, and the PVE scaling was more of a joke. If you've ever noticed being seemingly outmatched by a fight in competitive PVE, that's community scaling hard at work...

DBC

I give up.
05-11-2015, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Ah, got it.

I'm in a T100 "casual" alliance, transition is going from 1 to 2 to 3/4 star characters, and the PVE scaling was more of a joke. If you've ever noticed being seemingly outmatched by a fight in competitive PVE, that's community scaling hard at work...

DBC
Weird to call it a transition. You can't move the characters from one tier to the next, so why use that word?
I've got my team of 1-2 star for the Deadpool Daily, and everyone else is 3-4. I have 16 heroes.

I just googled. Holy crap, people talk/think about this game WAY more than I thought it was worth. I still don't understand this transition thing though. Like, I open a cover, I get a 4* character. Cool. How is this a transition? Is there some mechanic I don't know about? I got all of my 3-4 star covers just by playing and getting rewards. How are people making a choice to "transition out of 2*" or whatever.

Last edited by andysmash; 05-11-2015 at 11:15 AM.
05-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Weird to call it a transition. You can't move the characters from one tier to the next, so why use that word?
I've got my team of 1-2 star for the Deadpool Daily, and everyone else is 3-4. I have 16 heroes.

I just googled. Holy crap, people talk/think about this game WAY more than I thought it was worth. I still don't understand this transition thing though. Like, I open a cover, I get a 4* character. Cool. How is this a transition? Is there some mechanic I don't know about? I got all of my 3-4 star covers just by playing and getting rewards. How are people making a choice to "transition out of 2*" or whatever.
Oooh boy, is that not a short conversation.

Put in as few words as possible, the idea is that 1s get you (most efficiently) to 2s which get you (most efficiently)to 3s, with 4s being largely a PvP goal.

The idea of transitioning is important because if you over-level things you ultimately hamstring yourself (ie: leveling one 3* over 94, which resets ALL of your scaling). Playing as a 1* player scales your game for PvE, etc. Playing as a level 94 2* is different, and the scaling reflects this. Anything over 94 (3*s up) puts you in a higher level group, hence even higher scaling.

Yeah, there's quite a bit to it. lol

DBC

I give up.
05-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Oooh boy, is that not a short conversation.

Put in as few words as possible, the idea is that 1s get you (most efficiently) to 2s which get you (most efficiently)to 3s, with 4s being largely a PvP goal.

DBC
OK. I think I understand this concept now. See, I was just playing and had no clue how any of this works. I had basically all 1-2 star, and then randomly, I got a 4 star Nick Fury, twice. I had him at a very high level, but his moveset was awful. It was some trap move where the opponent had to match my tile in order to do damage. It was worthless. And when I tried to do the PVP, I never had opponents my level and got stomped constantly. I delete for a few months and came back for the Ultron event. I did a Deadpool Daily and right away got an awesome 3 star Patch Wolverine. I trashed the Nick Fury to open up space for him, since he was never any good, and suddenly I was able to compete again. Everyone is below level 60, and I'm facing enemies I can actually go against in PVP.

This is crazy. They should make this stuff mroe obvious to users! If I had known what was up I would've trashed Fury a long time ago and kept playing.