Dead island might be coming to the mobile

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bassman97, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    #1 Bassman97, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    Im not sure if it will make it but I hope it will I heard a lot about it from other places so keep your hopes up. For all you party poopers, it's on ign stories today.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Care to list the sources ?

3. Two_Face

Two_Face Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I was a District Attourney
    Gotham
    Yeah cause I have a feeling this will never happen

4. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
  5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh please not another one of these "I think and I hope" threads that have no sources :/

6. Bassman97

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    First of all this is my first thread so stop annoying me about it.

7. Bassman97

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    It might not be as good in graphics as console but it's a start, the price is going to be under $10.

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    There hasn't been a confirmation.

"We know that last year, Techland registered a similar trademark for Dead World. It seems likely that Dead World is the sequel to Dead Island, which means Dead Stop could be a mobile tie-in game for it. Or the two could be totally unrelated to Dead Island or even each other, and Techland just really loves putting the word "dead" in their titles. Time will tell."

Pretty sure that means that this thread isn't going anywhere either and should be in general discussion.

9. Bassman97

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    I figured since it might be coming out that I should put it in upcoming games.

10. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    #10 Mhunt190, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    People need to stop asking for mobile exclusive games for the vita! You have your own games go play them.

11. wakaranai

wakaranai Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Bah. Dead Island could've come out on iOS already, if only the Onlive app were approved. -_-

Anyway, if Dead Stop actually happens, I wonder what the gameplay will be like...

12. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Why stress when you know I'm right? There's a reason why this thread was moved to General gaming. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN :p Well I hope it is, but this thread and the IGN article are speculations and that thread is for future releases not discussions if its gonna come out.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Nothing to do with 'party poopers' but a newbie arrives here and says 'hey game xxxx might be coming to iOS' without any evidence or that to back it up, so its just a waste.

Bit like me saying Tom Bradys been traded to the Lions without offering any links or stories about it. Just nonsense.

The thread you posted in was for upcoming games, not 'upcoming as in might see the light of day in 5 years time or if pigs fly' type of games.

We all love great games to appear on iOS, but just back it up with some evidence thats all and then we can join in the excitement when we know it might be legit.

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Spam police...ironic forum title. :rolleyes:

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The story was widely covered in the gaming press. It's still a rumor, which is why I moved it to Game Discussion.

16. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Having a mobile app for popular console games is becoming more and more common. Think about it, how many times do you check your phone, tablet or something while a game is loading or while it is paused? I do and I know a lot of others that do too. Plus, Dead Island is a popular game and extending that universe to an app makes a lot of sense.

Obviously, I'm speculating here but it does sound plausible that "Dead Stop" could be a new mobile game or have a strong mobile component.

(For those looking for the article you can find it HERE)

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    lul :p