Universal Sky Force 2014 (by Infinite Dreams)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeterID, Apr 25, 2014.

1. OriginalDex

OriginalDex Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Anyway, you can accelerate the process of upgrading by spending stars: the purchase of the star doubler is very helpful in this way, cos by earning double the stars you can easily spend some of them to kill the waiting time...

2. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @dancefirst: Why not spend 2 minutes playing for the stars to speed it up? That's what the plane generator is for - so you can play without the risk of being left without planes if you die.

@heringer: Controls have been mentioned earlier. Check this post: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3249085

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

3. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    In my opinion providing challenge by way of unresponsive controls is not good game design, no offense. The way I see it, first the core gameplay must be perfect and completely responsive, then the challenge must be built around that, not the other way around.

I will try to adjust anyway, thanks!

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I think doing what DotEmu did with Blazing Star would be good here...

Add an option for quick movement, but make it so that the leaderboards are separate.

For whatever reason, there's a few people that just can't deal with the movement in games like R-Type, Blazing Star.. Older games that were in arcades and had different speeds for different ships which played into how you played the game, ect... It's how basically every old school shmup was designed.

But separating boards might be a good option here...

5. I agree, many of us pushed for instantaneous relative touch for Blazing Star, and the dev was cool to put it in. Cave co shmups have the best controls, no reason to only have one control set. Would like to see this and an inapp to remove wait timers and make it three ships.

6. glebbuss

glebbuss New Member

Jun 6, 2014
    ICloud works, except for stars collected..

7. dancefirst

dancefirst Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    You've made a great game, but waiting for an upgrade just feels unnecessary (especially if I already have a coin doubler), and it feels like you are punishing the player. I play the game, I gather stars, I go to upgrade my ship, and then the game asks me--the player--to wait 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes for the upgrade. The response can't be, "Well, go play some more until the upgrade is ready or you gather enough stars again to pay for the upgrade timer to go away." That's an artificial way to get me to spend more time in the game, it makes me more lilely to take my time and business elsewhere, and it risks eroding the goodwill and social capital you rightfully earned from making such a great game, all over an upgrade timer. Imagine if once you found a flower or feather in Super Mario Bros., you had to wait five minutes to use it. That would be bad game design then, and it's bad game design now.

Upgrade timers flatten the joy and richness of a seamless gaming experience.

8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Man, there's a lot of unhappy players on here! I played this for an hour and a half last night and couldn't put it down.

The backdrops are gorgeous, the controls are fine (humble opinion), and the game is just plain fun. I never once ran out of lives my whole play session - and I'm far from a shmup pro. Looking forward to playing more this weekend.

9. Bouncy1973

Bouncy1973 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    #189 Bouncy1973, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Not only do the requirements for accessing stage 7 keep changing, but the fact that you earn medals doesn't affect the 25 it keeps saying that I need. I have earned at least 8 new medals since I saw the stupid 25 barrier message.

SAYS 25 ALWAYS!

And as you can see from my screenshot, it is only possible for me to earn 18 more medals!

And yes, this keeps happening under 1.01

What are you doing to fix these bugs???

Attached Files:

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Dude, if this game is making you so mad play a different one. Wow

11. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Can anything be done about the app having to relaunch everytime you leave it?

I'm on an iPhone 4.

12. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    My opinion is this game is HARD, pay model is fair for a F2P and it is GORGEOUS. Think Sine Moras graphics but a top down shmup and without the story. Only played for like a half hour and am nowhere near EPs score of like a million-hundred-redonkulous. -_-

13. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    I'm using iPad 2 with Rit display and my game is in complete silence anyone else having this issue ?

14. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Am I the only one having difficulty finding the IAP menu? Just updated it on my retina iPad mini and I have no clue where the IAPs are.

15. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Top left of the shop/garage screen. I only had it show up with a prompt when I was short on stars after starting a health and main gun upgrade.

16. chespace

chespace Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Weird, I still can't get to the IAP menu.

I'd love to buy the star tripler as I'm happy to pay for a quality shooter, but I literally cannot get to the IAP screen.

Tried clicking on the stars portion of the UI in the hangar in the upper left and I get nothing.

It's like, you don't want my money!

17. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Thank you for answering, but that cart doesn't show up for me.
    It seems like the developers made a prerequisite before that shows up.

X number of stars before one can buy IAP's. That's a strange decision IMO, it's apt to create confusion. I can't see any upside for that decision.

I've been playing a while now, and I still don't have the cart anywhere, it seems like the developer simply doesn't want my money. I really want to get rid of the ads and get the coin doubler.

What I really, really would like, though, is get rid of any timers.
    Please, developer, please, with sugar on top, make an IAP that let's of get rid of timers.

If I get to a point where I can't earn enough stars during normal gameplay to install upgrades without delay, I will be forced to delete the game.
    It won't affect the developer directly, since he would have my money for the current IAP's, (whenever I get an opportunity to get them), but any future money from me will be forfeited.

I really don't understand the reluctance from developers to make a free to play game where timers can be removed via IAP's.
    People who don't want to pay for it can continue to play for free, and gamers who aren't cheap can buy an IAP to remove timers, and can enjoy the game as it most certainly was originally envisioned.

18. I get that bug in ios 7., i think it is an ios 7 bug.

19. Phantom Bruiser

May 31, 2013
    I've been playing this a lot with no issues, now it crashes immediately on start up. Usually right after IDreams and the GC Welcome pop up. On iPhone 5s. Anyone having this problem?

20. Gabriel.Voyager

Gabriel.Voyager Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Turin - Italy
    You have to spend 1000 coin in the hangar before.