Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    man with so much loot elements, I'd love to see an option to turn on 'damage numbers' to appear when you hit/get hit.

2. DankDude

DankDude New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Tier 9 Weapons!

Just thought you guys would like to see the benefits of farming arena 3 for days on end!

TIER NINE WEAPONS RARRR!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. onthejfritz

onthejfritz New Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I must have gotten lucky... since the first time I got to 150 in Brightstone arena I got the Obsidian. So I guess just keep playing haha.

4. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Bah, 2 more arenas... 4th Vardus and 3rd Taizu...

I had forgotten that I had gotten the Robe of the Master twice before... So the Aegis armor was not my only armor drop...

I opted to do the Brightstone arena... Took me longer to get 140+ kills, but it is easier, with less risk of a wipe near the threshold kills...

Got another Robes of the Master.... Aaaaarrrrrrrrgggggg!

I swear, my copy of the game is missing the leather and cloth T9 pieces...

5. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    I've been lucky since I started farming T9's earlier today. First four tries brought me four different weapons. I'm afraid my luck might be running out, though, but I guess that's where the fun is - not knowing what you will be rewarded with in the end. At the very least, you start to develop your routine and getting to 70 in Doomvale is smooth sailing.

6. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Who are you using?

I'm still looking for the ideal speed-run team for Arenas (tho I think I know it).

7. Daemon

Daemon New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Hey folks, here are some tips that I am using to farm Arenas without any troubles.

It might not be the FASTEST way to get to over 70 kills, but it sure is the safest. Keep in mind that all of my heroes are over level 45. It is super easy to grind up that hight, just give eggs to the team, and with Rogue (for damage boost) grind the Stone Golem boss. It is the fastest kill, gives appro 400 exp, in few hours you can have entire team 45+

Setup one "Time Freeze":

1x Warrior, 2x Mages, 1x Bard.

Warrior: hard tank setup, 2x Lodestone for evasion.
    Mages: Timestop, 2x Eye for ~30% no cooldown
    Bard: Refreshing song, 2x Eye.

Just Timestop the battlefield all the time. If both Mages go on cooldown, refresh them with Bard. If Bard's Eyes proc, making him not go on Cooldown with refresh song, it's like another full minute of no mobs doing anything.

This setup is tricky if you are VERY unlucky and your Eyes never proc. Do not play Lotto then, it is obvious waste of money for you.

Setup two "Icy Death":

1x Warrior, 2x Mages, 1x Priest

Warrior: same as above.
    Mages: Blizzard, 2x Book that reduces cooldowns.
    Priest: Heal setup, 2x Book that reduces cooldowns.

Blizzard has 30 sec cooldown by default, lasts 10 seconds. With books, it is on 18 second cooldown. And you got 2 mages, meaning, it is PERMAFROST. You even got a 2 second gap for safety, you do not have to split-second time it.

Entire battlefield slowed down, mages can just portal around and shoot stuff. Take out Archers fast with fireballs and conflagrate, easy as a sunday morning.

Go grind, get those T9 items. :)

8. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I tend to prefer melee over ranged, seems to kill faster. Not that this is only perception, since I have not experimented much.

I use knight, monk, rogue, bard.

Knight is tank spec + fear
    Rogue has paralizing knife
    Monk is full DPS
    Bard with group heal and refreshing song

Group kills fast!

9. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    How do the power of enemies increase in the arena?

Seems to take a large increase near or after 80. The sword skeletons seem to hit really hard then...

10. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    #290 Nefretta, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    Tier 9 items

Tier 9 items collected between me and my brother:
    Ivory Staff of the Archmage*
    Sanctuary*
    Armageddon Blades*
    Obsidian Soulcrusher
    The Spirit of Battle
    Mantle of the Immortal*
    Battlegear of the Blademaster*
    Robe of the Master

*multiple copies

I strongly suggest farming the second arena.

We should stop the bragging in this thread. I have opened a new thread used solely for bragging!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=86373&highlight=Battleheart+brag+thread

There is the link.

11. qwergjy

qwergjy New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    I just found out about Arena farming for T9 equips a few days ago and I got 6 different equips so far, all from the third Arena.

I don't know if I am just weird or anything, but I like to run Cleric, Wiz, Knight and Monk. So according to the classifications, I have 2 tanks. And I put the most offensive build possible on the knight as well.

Other than Arena farming, I've been trying to get a high burst damage team together to try and skill spam the last boss to death. Of course all my party has the eyeballs. Barb is guaranteed a spot on the party, and I put an offensive knight and 2 Rouges (same build except one of them takes the defense break and the other taking the poison dagger). I haven't tried the party on the last boss yet, but one volley of the skills can get the golem down to less than half. With knights passive for dropping 10% def and rogues active, the damage is insane

12. bl0ken

bl0ken New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    #292 bl0ken, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
    first post :)

Knight
    Barbarian
    Monk
    Bard

I don't think you really need crowd control with the knight. With war cry you can kite anything with ease, and i just set the monk and knight to work on everything. I use 2 x codex of jabe on the bard for fast cool downs and keeps buffs on whole party. Both the monk and knight are specced for maximum damage. Really seems to own in arena, but i haven't tried the casters much yet working on leveling. I've got T9 on most of my characters and currently leveling the others to 30+.

Such a great game, i hope they keep expanding too. More levels and keeping it interesting with mobs and bosses that do crazy stuff.

P.S. is there anywhere that theory crafts for characters/items?

13. Jizzy

Jizzy New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    How long do you need for a normal arena 3 farmrun to 70 kills?

14. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    It would be great to have a feature where you can use the extra gear and turn it into something. Like a forge that can combine them, or break them up into other materials...

Then getting 3 more vardus in a row wont be that annoying. Hehe.

15. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    It takes me around 10 minutes last time I timed it... Give or take a minute.

16. bl0ken

bl0ken New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    9mins on the dot almost every time

17. Darquel

Darquel Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Which map is the best for grinding exp?
    I've been on 'The Frozen Abyss' at the moment because theres no slimes (just skeleton healers).

18. MCleveland89

MCleveland89 New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Do items still stack? When I try to place a satchel on the satchel I currently have equipped on my Cleric, it just switches the two. Same goes for an egg on my Shepard.

19. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    #299 BrushMyNoseOff, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    The term of "stacking" means that two of the same equipped items add up in effectiveness, but they can only be equipped in separate slots. You cannot put two of the same items in the same slot. Hope this helps.

That is also where I farmed for XP. Takes roughly 2 minutes, and you get 450-550xp with two mystery eggs equipped.

20. MCleveland89

MCleveland89 New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Ah, that makes sense. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!