Come build your very own theme-park with ‘FUNPARK FRIENDS’ [by TAGPLAY, Scotland]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonTag, Jul 20, 2011.

1. SimonTag

SimonTag Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #1 SimonTag, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
    - Make Life A Rollercoaster Ride With 'FUNPARK FRIENDS'! -​

Have you ever longed to build and run a successful theme park? Of course you have! Everyone has! The exhilaration of rollercoasters, the thrill of river rapids, the fun of ferris wheels. We at Tagplay listened to the cries of players for a game which would allow them to live their dreams of building a theme park through their phone. So here you go: FUNPARK FRIENDS :D!

Due for release on the 1st of October 2011!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Hey folks,

We'd be really interested to hear from any players of old skool games like Theme Park and Rollercoaster Tycoon. Right now Funpark Friends is very much focused on the light, social side of game-play but it would be good to know what features from those older titles you really liked.

Simon will be adding new info to this thread ahead of launch and I believe he has some cool stuff to give away, so do get involved in letting us know what you think!

CHeers
    Paul

PS Car Jack 2 is getting closer... ;-)

3. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

I would love to see an actual roller coaster builder ;)

4. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    That sounds like a great idea! We have lots of customisation plans post launch. Being able to design your own coaster and paint it would be awesome ;-)

Anything else? How much simulation style game-play do you think we need?

P

5. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Yep, as Paul has noted we will be continuously supporting Funpark Friends through numerous fortnightly updates. We have certainly drawn up some customisation updates that we will be looking to roll out asap after launch.

We have considered allowing players to actually build their own rollercoasters though, so if this is something you'd like to see, please let us know. :)

6. Malfhok

Malfhok Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Freelance video
    IL
    If you could make something freemium and social, while allowing players to delve into the deep strategy and simulation customization of Roller Coaster Tycoon, I think it'd be a hit.

To that end, you need to let players build custom coasters and calculate the excitement and intensity ratings just like RCT. You need to let people set the pricing on rides or the park as a whole.

Perhaps you could have the premium currency stand in for getting a loan from the bank.

Then you've got to have the sheer vastness of RCT in the number of rides, coasters, and shops that you can build. In my book, RCT was a great game because you had so much control over everything.

7. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Please release it and make people buy it in the store but WITHOUT
    In-app purchases! You can realy ask a decent price,
    But in my opinion you need to pay for a game just once...

My favourite option in rollercoaster tycoon was to take a in
    the rollercoaster, don't know if it is possible though...

The idea is realy cool though, insta-buy for me :)

8. Waylander13

Waylander13 Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    *take a ride

9. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Hey there guys, thanks for the replies! It's awesome to see your interest!

Malfhok, we aren't looking for a simulated experience, but rollercoasters and other rides will be customisable and a 'Fame' system is being built into the game to ensure customising is rewarded. The Fame system allows users to compete with their friends to have the most famous ride and/or parks :), so the more awesome and customised your park is, the more people will want to visit it, and the more famous your park will become as a result!

Waylander, without wishing to delve into business talk, as a small 30-person studio in the current world of gaming, freemium is the only viable route for us to take. However, we feel that the sheer quality of Funpark Friends, and all of Tagplay's past and future titles, will make you happy we have taken that route because you will have a very playable awesome game, for free! Can't complain really ;) :D

10. randomisthehero

randomisthehero Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Florida
    If your going with the freemium route then i say you guys should please take a look at how Nimblebit handles their games "pocket frogs" and "tiny tower",to me that is fremium done right.you can play their games and not pay a cent but over time you can still get everything within the game.if you do that then adds within the game would be fine with me(as long as it doesn't interrupt game play) so that server costs can be paid for.Nimblebit's games are the only freemium games that i've stuck with because I get pissed off how not all content is available unless you purchase the stupid in game currency which lasts for 30 seconds until you buy something within the game then you have to buy more and more,etc,to get the stuff that you'd like.

Also,if you add more content to the game after its released then try and make it free content or put a bunch of it out together for a decent price.another thing that gets me is freemium games that release one add on content for 99 cents.I won't pay five dollars for five single items,to me that's ridiculous.

Now for things i'd like to see,as said already,roller coaster builder.that was my favorite thing in roller coaster tycoon.being able to walk around your park in a 1st person view would be nice.being able to ride your ride in a 1st person view.lots of content,i loved having lots of shops,stands,scenery,etc.mini games for the stands would be nice,like the one where you throw the ball at the milk jugs,try to land a ball on top of a bowl with a fish,etc; then you could win prizes to show off to your friends.

will be keeping an eye on this game also :)

and if you guys are open to suggestions for games,i'm still hoping to see a good zoo game.something like zoo tycoon is what i've been dying for.more so like zoo kingdom on facebook before it ended though,with the social aspect.i could give tons of ideas for a good zoo game ;).

11. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Randomisthehero, at the moment I can confirm that over time users will be able to acquire everything in Funpark Friends without being obliged to use real world currency. We completely understand that this is a peeve of many users, but it must also be noted that this is subject to change. I hope you understand, that in order for our studio to exist, let alone thrive and develop, we need to pay bills and with 30 people on the payroll there is good argument for making some elements purchasable-only.

However, yes, at the moment, you should be pleased to note that Funpark Friends will not oblige users to purchase anything with real world currency in order to progress or to include certain elements into their parks.

12. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just played the latest version of the game and I have a big smile on my face! Think everyone is going to love this. It's a step up from Happy (Theme) Park in terms of visuals and animations and offers lots more social interaction.

Only weeks away from a global launch now... will keep everyone updated ;-)

P

13. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #13 SimonTag, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Hey there Touch Arcade folk :D. Today is the day we kick off our exclusive Touch Arcade forum competition for Funpark Friends! Please go to the following link link to enter!

I hope you will agree, the prizes are spectacular, and only YOU the Touch Arcade community can enter to win, so spread the word! If your friends want to enter, I guess they'll just have to sign up to the community :)!

14. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    #14 SimonTag, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Don't like freemiums but this looks awesome and especially if my ride wins ;)

16. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    The young lady doing the drawing looks like she's having anything BUT fun. Based on that pic it looks as though she's suffering from a huge migraine headache. LOL

17. Wafflyw

Wafflyw Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The pirate ship ride in the third picture looks really interesting!
    I can just imagine how that would be in real life. As your ship gets bombarded with cannons, the ship would rumble and so on.
    It would be very fun!

18. SimonTag

Jul 20, 2011
    Product Evangelist
    Dundee, Scotland
    Lol, yeah, I took these photos at the end of a long tiring shift. Funpark is approaching launch and everyone is working full bore, so by the end of the day we are all feeling tired. Next time I will grab her after lunch when she has a big grin on her face ha! :D

19. Paul@Tag

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    #19 Paul@Tag, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  20. chrono7

chrono7 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Apple ecosystem
    Seems like I have a good reason to play this as I can build my dream theme park :D