Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Heck, usually in PC games you have to buy the game first, and an early beta is an actual reward for your support. Its not like you're getting rewarded for participating in a beta...
Now that you mention it, I realize that's a possibility these days with a couple of the bigger firms, and becoming more common now that Kickstarter is around. I've never paid for access to beta testing a PC game, and I'd never go that route myself, but I agree, the times they are a'changing, and I hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Promo codes are limited, and are very important for trying to get reviews on release...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienSpace View Post
I think it depends on many things, for example how many media promo codes a developer needs to send out, how many beta testers there are, and stuff like that.
Thanks for the explanations! Makes sense. Though I think if you're seeking someone out special for testing, reserving a code is a nice gesture to make, especially if you're running a "hey guys, here's 30 codes for free" contest immediately upon release instead of saving them for reviewers.

Last edited by dclose; 05-10-2013 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Removed an extra quote.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:43 PM

dd you ask them for a code? i mean there sre simple thing in the world like forgetting to write that email with the code... or so..