Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesfan View Post
This game is a disaster from start to finish. To begin with, there is no tutorial. That is bad enough, but the rule book is incomprehensible (and I have a doctorate, so it isn't from a lack of reading ability). Once you start playing, you quickly come to realize that the game doesn't play anything like what the rule book describes. I was only able to put a worker in the university to get a scientist. Then all I could do was put another worker in the university or put one on the repair site. It then tells me to pick a building to repair, but will not allow me to do so. As best I can tell, you need a construction worker to mine yellowcake, and you need yellowcake to get a construction worker.

Eventually, I just tried placing each of my types of workers on to each of the spaces on the board only to find that I cannot move anywhere, ever. I then sit back and watch the AI make all his moves, and I'm back to being able to do nothing.

Needless to say, I've deleted the game and I hope to save you the $7 that I wasted on this beta-trash.

You really don't need a doctorate to get the manual but yes a tutorial would have been nice. I had a similar experience but it's starting to make more sense after reading it a few times.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispin View Post
You really don't need a doctorate to get the manual but yes a tutorial would have been nice. I had a similar experience but it's starting to make more sense after reading it a few times.
I agree, and the board game is really excellent. I tried it again on my iPad (it's completely unplayable on the phone, since not all elements will zoom. The building cards and bombs will not zoom, so they are unreadable until you take them.). The UI is still awful, but the game isn't half bad. Hopefully the developer will finish it and update.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:07 AM

Demanded and got a refund.