Is TouchArcade very slow today?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Qordobo, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Is there anything wrong with TouchArcade and its forums?

Today each click is very slow to answer, often like 30s. Only very few time I got a slow but less slow answer.

But I notice also many problems for the Apple Store but less often more rarely as slow.

I tried Google or some random site and on none I quoted such slow speed. Could be slightly slower than usual but not much. So I don't think it's my provider or my computer.

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Hm, doesn't seem too slow for me.

3. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Ur beings hackkd!!!1!!!

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Were having some issues this morning that have since been rectified by replacing the hamster that powers this whole operation...

For more information and live server status updates visit http://webhamster.com/

5. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Well now the hamster seems a bit less tired but it's not a healthy hamster, I bet he is sick or sick again. At the opposite the hamster dance site answer instantly.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Is TA on the short bus today?

7. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    TA seems to be going down a lot lately, something i noticed is that it goes down at 11pm (EST) a LOT.

8. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    No slowdown or any downtime for me. Those hamster are not showing any sign that they will slow down.

9. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I have slowdowns everyday. It's really annoying, but I was too lazy to make a thread about it.

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I get slowdown occasionally, but it's for like, two minutes and not a big hassle.

11. mudy

mudy Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Not slow for me.

12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    To see your post that was on another page of the thread it took 1mn! I never ever got so slow response time before, only today and only those forums.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The forums go down pretty much daily, and it's not just individual users 'cause I get a bunch of people saying "TA is down again" on AIM each time it happens.

14. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    I have free time those last days, ok that's obvious the WE but days before and after too. And The difference is huge between yesterday ALL the day and today since some hours and EACH time I try, today is very fast, always and yesterday didn't get a single answer as fast.

And tomorrow it's not it was down for me, just incredibly slow to answer, down site are detected most often and almost never got the down site page, but had time like 1mn to 4mn.

If there's no reason then it's very surprising because the difference is huge.

15. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm sorry but viewing this site on my iphone is turning into an utter joke. This is via wi-fi too.

A site that is dedicated to iphone gaming now has way too much fluff bogging it down. It takes forever for the page to load fully.

I love touch arcade .... it was the first decent iphone gaming site i found, but i have recently found myself visiting slidetoplay more as it simply loads much more efficiently on my iphone.

Not sure if this is due to my locale. Currently i am over in Singapore... so maybe that has something to do with it.

16. Fe1

Fe1 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    I don't think being in Singapore or wherever has anything to do with it. Though I haven't seen any updates, TA has been extremely slow (at given times) for me for the past two days. It was down for a while, until coming back up seconds ago.

Confirmed by: http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

17. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Well, here at TA we strive to achieve your standards, and please sir, if at anytime we fail to accomplish your expectations, leave.

ahah, I thought you would say something like "was going to make a thread about it, but the goddamn site wouldn't load" lqtm

It always has, to me, that used to be the indicator of, do your homework now or your screwed.

18. oliath

oliath Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Nah.
    I'd rather you didn't waste your time trying to please me and just spend the time working on your English grammar.

---

I finally managed to get my hands on an iphone 4 and web browsing in general seems significantly improved. TA is still slow for me at times but no where near as bad as it was on my old 3G so lets put it down to memory issues.

I do definitely notice though that the site is slower when it has more advertising to load, but i guess they have to pay bills too.

I also agree that there are certain times when it is very sluggish.