Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Drzuss

Drzuss New Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Hello,

Just started playing this recently and really enjoying it but as a noob had a few questions for people who have played it more.

- the skill setting for the AI only goes up to 2 bars when it looks like it should go up to 3. Is this a bug or an unlock or something.

- what kind of startegies are there. It seems as a new player that getting mystic points is a lot more important. I try to discard low value mystic type cards and focus on draw card heroes and contruscts to gain higher value cards. But interested to find out more advanced play styles.

- what does the new expansion add to the gameplay? It is pretty cheap but doesnt look like it adds many cards. Would i be best to get more used to the main card set before trying the expansion.

Thanks for any advice :)

2. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    camzy, that last game was brutal. all I saw was like 10 constructs and you dominating :b.

3. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Heh, I find that's often the way it goes with him. :p I was so thrilled though last night when I beat him by around 30 points. He's the one player that beats me more often that I beat him. For every other player I've played, I either win the majority of games or we're pretty equal. It definitely proves that the game isn't just luck (as much as it feels like it sometimes).

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I find the more you return your round, the faster it comes back to you. It is good and bad.

Torn between Nightfall and this, need to spend more time on Food Fight.

Anyway, expansion? Give my $$$ at day 1? This is slow. :) Take it already and have the bugs fixed. :rolleyes:

Can't imagine what life would be when Summoner Wars come out... :rolleyes:

5. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    finally... 1st win in 4 players game for a total of 100points.. oh, I'm so lucky to have banished Samael mid game... =)

Thrillingly enjoying the 4 players game with u guys (Camzee, Celeric and Emos) ^^

6. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    This is only 99 cents right now for anyone that hasn't picked it up yet.

7. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    this is like the first sale that this game has ever had i think.

8. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Good grief this is a no-brainer. Amazing game.

9. bonesquad

bonesquad Member

Jan 15, 2012
    My luck. :( I buy this game just two days ago and it goes from $5 to 99 cents. Sigh. I could have put that $4 towards Nightfall. Not anymore. Last time I ever buy a game that isn't on sale.

I do like the game, but I had thought it probably wasn't worth the $5 I spent. Now I know it wasn't :)

10. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah the 4 player game between us is my favorite of all the ones I've been playing. Lots to learn from it about multiplayer dynamics.

11. skarsnik

skarsnik Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Yes after taking beating after beating, I am adjusting my play, shifting from pure power to a balanced approach.

12. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Could this sale be related to a (hopefully) imminent release of Summoner Wars? Just release it already and take my money!

13. XaxaxeOrcslayer

XaxaxeOrcslayer Active Member

Sep 14, 2011
    No, the sale is related to a celebration for Ascension's 1,000,000th game played. And also the upcoming release of the Storm of Souls expansion.

14. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah this series of games between the four of us have been the best (even though I almost always lose)!

Saw a tweet from VeganTnT that the Storm of Souls expansion may implement six player games...if true that will even be more of a madhouse ;)

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I just purchased Ascension for an embarrassingly measly 1 dollar, and while my general impression is just wowsa (the art style and card artwork is possibly the best I've seen in ANY card game, ever, the music is both original and fitting, and the mechanics seem great), I will say this: no multitasking? That's weird, for a title releases in late 2011, which has had several updates. Is this a iOS 5/iPhone 4/etc bug, or has Ascension never ever featured multitasking?

Furthermore, all sounds is cut off after an alarm/push/local notification pops up. Also, I've run into several crashes to the springboard after just a few minutes of play.

For all the wonderful polish in the game (and in the original physical product, a legacy that Playdeck seems to want to build upon), it seems strange that it still suffers from teething troubles most common in the iOS 3 and 4 era, such as the lack of multitasking, or downright obvious bugs, such as the sound cutoff and crashes.

Am I just unlucky, or are these issues common?

16. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Yeah multitasking has never been implemented in Ascension, it can be a bit annoying. That said it loads up really quick so I've gotten used to it. Perhaps the next update will incorporate it (chat function is still the most requested feature).

I haven't ever had issues with it crashing, and I play with the sound off most of the time so I can't help with those...

17. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't know why, but I do better in 4 player games than 2... I'm about 50/50 on 2 player and 4 player record is 26 to 15.

Feel free to add me as well! GC Brimah and don't mind invites to play. Camzy is my only common going game.

18. mrsamsa

mrsamsa Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Alberta
    I'm mr.samsa. Is there a GC exchange thread for boardgames and the like?

19. Vernimator

Vernimator Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    3D Artist, Mobile App Developer
    Charlotte Area, NC
    Just to let everyone know, Storm of Souls in May!!!

BBG Post

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #2000 currymutton, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Good news! I wish there were the promo cards.

Wish the new IAP comes with all the enhancements gone AWOL for a bit too long...

Dang! Forgot to say, take may $$$ already and make it out on first day in May!