D.C Empire

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nicoipad, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Nicoipad

Nicoipad Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Well, I'm glad

2. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    #62 Nicoipad, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    I'm really excited to share what I've been working on with the iOS game community. Expect shoot outs in landmarks and some fun stuf in the side (this is an open world game after all). The game in nearly finished. All that's left is to program the menus and then test it for bugs!

EDIT: and the name DC Empire isn't nessciarily final.

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Awesome! Sounds great!!

4. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Hey, whatever happened to this?

5. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Canned. Sorry to say so. I can send you the last build the company worked on before it went bankrupt though

6. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Aw, that stinks... :/

7. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Honestly, while the graphics didn't look that great, I still support any indie dev and also am impressed by the fact that it's open world. Is there any chance you could send me a build of this because it looked pretty cool and I once tried to make a game salad game but gave up, and the game looked quite similar to this. Anyway though, I wish you luck in any future game you decide to work on ;)

8. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Yeah I'll contact NZNY to see if they will allow me to send out the last build (march 2012)

9. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Well you know I won't say cancelled. I'd use a word like in time for fall. The team thought it'd be best to say it was cancelled due to unforeseen delays even though there is a good chance it will come out in October-December this year. The unforeseen delays was near bankruptcy but they are continuing to work on it.

Me sending out the build would be beta testing.

10. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Thanks man

11. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Got in touch with the studio and they won't let me send out last build I have. But as I said if they get it the way they want it will be released this fall

12. Nicoipad

Aug 28, 2010
    Sorry for the bump but I just got to beta test the game for the first time. I will say there is a decent ammoun of land takeover, recruiting gang members and stuff like that. It is fairly simple and easy. In the 30 minutes I played I had a gang of about 6 men, all armed with assault rifles. I had taken over 3 city blocks. It works similar to Monopoly, with taking over small blocks and avenues in DC until reaching up to Pennyslvania Avenue and finally, The Mall. The game featured create-a-character mode with pretty extensive customization (for a top down game). The game is expected to launch this December and include some surprises, stay tuned ;)

13. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Nice! Glad to hear this is still coming! :D