Build your own rogue like rpg?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Touchmint, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Anyone know of a game where you can create your own rpg elements within the game?

Things like create equipment / skills / npcs etc?

Imagine a game like infinity blade but you could create your own equipment/spells and even enemies to face.

Does a game like this exists?

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You need to lower your expectations (A LOT).

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

So just the gameplay idea of infinity blade not the graphical capibilities.

Think the one on one combat but maybe turned based? I guess maybe a Pokemon or ff style game would be a better example but just the battle portion.

4. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Uhm. Could you do this in Sketch Nation Studio?

5. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    The only game that I know of where you could make your own enemies/specs/levels etc. was some space shooter game. It was pretty fun though. Not sure if there's any RPG out there like this, but I'd be interested in it too.

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    The closest thing that I can think of is Knights of Pen and Paper. In that game, you have control of how hard and how many enemies you go up against, the harder you make your opponents, the higher reward you receive. There are other elements in it that allow you certain benefits. But I don't think you can actually create your equipment or spells. It's a pretty awesome game though.

7. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix

Knights of pen and paper is one of my faves for sure! And yes I am thinking something like that but the ability to not only set level of monster but create whole new monsters with stats, skills drops, etc. As well as any of your own items, skills and so on.

I've been messing with building a game myself and to make development easier I built the builder into the actual app. I was having a lot of fun developing content when I thought to myself why not build a few levels and then let the user takeover. I'm glad there's nothing like this yet but it sounds like there might be some interest so that's great.

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yes indeed, there would be interest for sure. Really neat idea. :)

9. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Just purchased my art tonight. Will spend the week getting the game presentable and then will start a upcoming game thread. Might post a few screens in here too as I progress.

Thanks for the interest!