Daredevil Dave 2 - Avail Dec 12 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by schplurg, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

#1 schplurg, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Now In Beta Testing!

New Images
    2/6/2015

Skeeball!
    Daredevil Dave 2 should be done in March!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9/27/2014
    These images and info regarding them can be found on this page:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=81883&page=26

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Daredevil Dave 2 Video!
    4/14/2014

The video isn't pretty or professional, but it should give you an indication of where the game is headed.

Main game features shown:

- Interactive and destroyable environments and objects
    - Freedom of movement within each environment. Crash and jump however you wish! Find secret areas and items.
    - Realtime Lighting and shadows
    - Flammable and explosive objects (flammable objects can be ignited by other burning objects)
    - Bigfoot. You get to hunt for Bigfoot on a motorcycle!
    - Bowling
    - You can cause major destruction!

This video was made using an iOS simulator on a computer (you will notice a mouse pointer in some scenes). This was the easiest and fastest way to get the video done. Dave 2 runs great on iPad 2 and 3, and iPhone 5, and looks much better on those devices as well.

I have no clue how people will respond to this video - so please respond! :)

I am working on Dave full time.

FEATURES:
    • High resolution graphics and richly detailed environments, including iPhone Retina Display and iPad support!
    • Interactive environments! Smash into trackside objects, fly off into the crowd, blow stuff up...wreak havoc!!!
    • Instant replays! Upload your best crashes!!!
    • Story driven career mode with more unusual and complex jumps than in the original game!
    • Unlockables including new motorcycles, helmets and other protective gear and outfits!
    • Better crashes, including bike damage! Watch parts fly off your bike as it tumbles!
    • Better/more camera views so you can see the action from the best possible angle!
    • No need to restart your entire career if you run out of money!
    • Gamecenter support!
    • And, of course, Injury Mode!!!

What is Daredevil Dave?

In case you are one of the few people on planet Earth that doesn't know anything about Daredevil Dave, here is the Gameplay Trailer for the original "Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman!" game:

Repeat: this is video of the 1st Daredevil Dave game, not the new one.
    [hqyoutube]hNtUGI8ZQxI[/hqyoutube]

You can get Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! (original game) here!

===========================================

More Daredevil Dave 2 info, screenshots and video will be available soon right here! Or you can visit Dave's homepage.

Daredevil Dave 2 will be a Universal App!

Comments, game suggestions, jump ideas etc. are welcome!

:cool:

2. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    Looking cool already,even at this early-ish stage :)

Deffo day one purchase,as was the first and still play that now,even with all these new releases that we get as the first DD is and always will be a quality game.

DD a Deffo must own,and this with 3 times the amount of levels,it's a no-brainer that after the success of your first DD this will do just as well and hopefully better.

Good Luck,now get off these forums and get back to work ;) :D Only joking :D

3. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I loved the first Daredevil Dave, one of my favorite games of 2010. Orginal, funny, and fun ! Can't wait till the next one comes out, 60 jumps, oh my.

4. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I'm really looking forward to this. The added ability to steer should allow for some truly crazy levels/stunts.

5. schplurg

Cool thing is that Dave 2 will be much more than an update to the first game.

The career mode will be a little less frustrating, as there will be save-points along the way. Dave will also need to earn new bikes and equipment.

The stunts will have a much greater variety, some of this is due to the addition of being able to steer the bike. Some longer "multiple" jumps are in the works too, and some stunts may not even consist of an actual jump.

The new camera views will have a big impact on the enjoyment of the game. Dynamic cameras will track and zoom in on Dave as he tumbles about. Players will be able to customize the cameras, as in Dave 1.

The thing that really opened up possibilities for the game is the speed of the newer phones. The jump locations will look awesome, the amount of detail and objects adds to the immersiveness of the game. And, of course, the more stuff Dave can crash into, the more fun it will be!

3GS and newer devices will run the game with ease. It is not yet clear whether or not older devices will be able to run it. I want to bring a superior game to you all, and am reluctant to sacrifice anything to support devices that are over 2 years old.

One thing yet to be determined is the title of the new game! Something to think about!

"Daredevil Dave ________ ________" ???

Well, back to work! :D

6. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Daredevil Dave 2 Stuntman Extraordinaire!!!!

Daredevil Dave 2 Back and Bruised! (Instead of Black and Blue :p)

Daredevil Dave 2 here we go again.

Daredevil Dave 2 crap...

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    i like the video. if game looks like that or better it will be awesome. good job so far and keep up the good work.

8. schplurg

That's one that I've considered ;)

To be clear, that video is from the first game. The new one will surpass that by a long shot :D

(damn, my "H" key is dying on my keyboard!)

9. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Great Minds think alike :D My next game I will start working on takes its inspiration from Daredevil Dave more so than anything else. So I am extremely excited for the sequel. All I need is to earn some funding. It seems I will be clocking some serious hours at my other work.

10. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Daredevil Dave 2, Back to the Beginning. Schplurg, can't wait to see more and you know I will pick this one up as soon as it is released. Good luck on all the work that lies ahead.

11. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm totally stoked for this! Really Really Can't Wait! Also, how about something like:
    Daredevil Dave 2: Bruised Business :cool:

12. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Daredevil Dave 2, Breaking Records, and Bones.

13. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Daredevil 2: The greatest stunt idk lol

14. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    cant wait.. ETA??

15. schplurg

idk

;)

16. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    loved the first cant wait for the second :]

17. bug

bug Member

May 12, 2010
    any chance this will ever be available for Droid? i would love to have it!

18. schplurg

Maybe. Once the iOS version is complete I'll look into that. Who knows what the future may bring?

:cool:

19. schplurg

I would like some opinions if anybody has one. I'm curious as to how many people who've played Daredevil Dave like the idea of the "House Of Pain" jump. It's the one where the object is to crash (rather than landing safely) and rack up a big medical bill. The medical bill is then multiplied by 2 and that becomes your prize money for the jump.

I may put more jumps like this into the game but I'd love to hear some opinions on this. Another way to ask this is, which is more fun...Injury Mode or the regular Tour Mode? I guess by having some of these types of "crash only" jumps in the regular tour, I am combining the two together.

There are a lot of jumps to be designed yet, so I'm certainly open to ideas

:)

20. DtheGOPkiller

DtheGOPkiller Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2010
    I would have to kill you if I tell you.
    CA! Sunny and awesome!
    Insta buy for me

Loved the first one. Got lucky and got it free. I will buy this one the moment it becomes available. Can't wait!