The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (by Nintendo)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by RHess00, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Which route did you go? I went Zora / Goron / Bird People bosses, all enjoyable and down on first try. Working some side stuff before I head out to the desert.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah the map opens slowly but it is enormous compared to the plateau. After 50 hours, my map isn't completely open yet.

3. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I just completed the desert boss. Take plenty of supplies. You're going to need them. I went Zora / Bird People / Desert. Headed to the Goron next.

4. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Went the same way, but failed to beat desert boss yet. First two waves are OK, but need to get some better weapon and more food to beat him finally. Might even just do the last other titan before trying him again.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Ok so I just cleared the desert boss and wow. That sucked. I recommend Zora -> Goron -> Desert. Zora will give you a free life and Goron's shield is fantastic against this bosses hits. Also recommend if you can, the master sword makes very quick work of this guy. Beyond that, round up abunch of faeries and bring plenty of food. He had a habit of knocking my shield out of my hand sending it flying so expect that.

Phase 1, I hid behind goron shield and beat him senseless after his first 'im here, no here, no there' attack. Phase 2 he went above and started dropping lighting pillars. I picked one up with magnesis and held it next to his head, when he zapped it he went flying and I whacked on him some more. Then he returned to the 'im here, no here, no there' crap with some lightning tossed in for good measure.

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Couldn't play yesterday but got an hour in today and initially thought I'd make my way toward the first location based on the voice at the beginning of the game. Ooops, got distracted exploring again and cooking food etc...

One day I'll make it to the first target!

My most epic story was watching the bad guys forgot their name the basic Orange enemies targeting a cow with arrows and their weapons and when they killed it I went in to kill them. It was cool. However by the time I reached them the cow wasn't to be found. I do think I got meat that was cooking but can't imagine it was the same cow...? Would have been so cool if I killed them and had gotten to the cow they killed.

So much fun and such a stupid moment in time in the game.

7. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Ha ha. That's great. Over 50 hours in and I've never seen that but there are many more surprises awaiting you.

8. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    #48 kukulcan, Apr 7, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Goron was a walk in the park - first try. Now I am ready to go back to the desert freshly equipped with Master Sword and tons of cooked food.

You are right, just that I am a guy for story, not that much for diversions. I never understood people wasting tons of time fishing in Zeldas.

Anyway, Breath of the wild is great and after my interest slowly died after Wind Waker and Twilight Princess this is fantastic again. There is always have something to do and in what order you like without ever being lost. It was just a minor complain about overall time "wasted" on walking vs. doing stuff. But once you can teleport about everywhere that is less of a problem.

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I decided to continue to explore slowly but at the same time start doing the shrines in the great plateau. Amazing with the detail they put into this game while exploring corners of mountain ridges and actually finding caves etc...
    Love this game! So crazy to think that I've probably played 8 hours and a still only in the great plateau. --- I'm taking my time exploring a bit to much! Haha!