Cubed Rally Redline - by Jared Bailey (Cubed Rally Racer, Infinite Surf)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nocanwin, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nocanwin

nocanwin Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    It's getting close. I want to try and submit it to Apple in the next 2 weeks.

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Awesome. Really looking forward to this one.

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Hadn't seen this thread before, but I'm really looking forward to a new Cubed Rally game! :)

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm more excited by this game than by GTA:VC. Honestly, I was very excited to see this one's coming out.

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Yes!

Cubed Rally Racer was ( and is ) one of my favourite racers on the AppStore.
    Excite bike was absolutely great.

Cubed Rally + Excite bike = day one purchase.

6. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Really psyched for this title. The first was so charming and I got out a lot more than I thought I would have - I was happily surprised. I'll look forward to tossing my money your way once I see this one come out.

7. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    posted some more screens. Almost all that showed up in the TA preview article.

So awesome that people are enjoying CRR to this day!

8. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    Here are the cars that you'll be able to unlock. Two new models, a three door and a truck. There are 3 variations for each model, blue, red and black. Red and black have faster low end speed with black being the fastest.

More fog lights means better, right?! :D

Attached Files:

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Cool! Very, very cool indeed. How's development going? Also, is there night/day and different weathers in the game? :D

10. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    It's going great. I'm getting ready to submit today!

If the rest of the iPhone gaming community is as enthusiastic about the game as you then I'm sure I'll get those systems in! Wish me luck! :D

11. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    I'm wishing you luck. And a speedy app approval.
    The quicker you can have my money, the better.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Love, Luck & Lollipops! :D

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The best of lucks for you! Count me in as day-1 buyer/supporter. Forza CRR2! :D

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Just saw the "TA plays" video. It looks amazing! Am I the only one excited with this game?...

I have some questions:

- Do you unlock sections of tracks as you play, as in CRR1?
    - Have you set the game to be released on a Thursday, or when it's approved (i.e.: non-Thursday)?
    - How much does it occupy installed?
    - Price? IAP?

Now for some suggestions:

- Use the coins for unlocking more things, not just cars. You can unlock new scenery objects, new backgrounds, new car skins, etc. I think that in a few hours of playing you can unlock all the cars. The more unlockables, the better.
    - A nitro button. Instead of having just a stop/bullet time button, you can split it in two, having a stop/bullet time button on one side and a nitro button on the other side. This way you have more options when trying to avoid the "beloved" cows. This button could depend on a counter, so that you cannot use it a million times in 10 seconds, adding some strategy as to when/where to use the nitro and the stop buttons.

I think that's all for now. I really hope Apple approves it quickly, because it will be the best endless runner IMO :)

15. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    I hope not! :D

- You don't need to unlock tracks. It's like the redline mode in CRR1 where you just try and go as far as you can. Unlike CRR1, track sections get more complex the faster you go. So you're flying when you see the cow stampede or speedboat.
    - I've never done a Thursday release before so I was thinking about trying it out.
    - I think the xCode estimate was 27mb.
    - it's $0.99

There will be IAP, but the cars are pretty cheap. 50 - blue, 100 - red, 200 for black. I earn an average of 10 coins per run so it would take me 20 runs to get a black car. You definitely don't need a black car to get a fastest time or distance. The black and red cars just have a faster low end speed. After about the first 3 gas pickups the speeds are the same.

- If the rest of the gaming community is as enthusiastic about this game as you are then I'll definitely add content.
    - I'm afraid if I added a nitro button it would just be killing yourself on a cow even faster. The speeds get going pretty fast.

Here's a strategy tip for everyone reading this thread. If you want to get up in the leaderboards, get comfortable using the Time Brake as soon as possible. When you first start playing you'll feel like "I don't need to use it, I've got this". Fight that urge and practice using it! :D

16. osvd

osvd Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    What about achievemets!?!? This game looks awesome but with achievements (gamecenter) daaamn instarapebuy

17. nocanwin

Jun 11, 2009
    Sorry, just leaderboards for now. Maybe in an update.

18. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    Congrats Jared the game looks great - can't wait to get my hands on it! Here's wishing for a speedy and hassle-free approval.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Congrats from my side too and thanks for answering all the questions so fast. Instabuy (I think this was clear, but anyway... :))

20. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    #40 wyzau, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
    will cubed rally racer be discounted when cubed rally redline is released? i'm thinking of picking up both games, a discount would help much ^^