need developers's feedbacks about the game ;)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by hich4m, Aug 6, 2011.

1. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    i've been working on my game since a while , i'm not sure if i'm on a good way or not , it's a super meat boy like game in iPhone called cheeseman , still WIP but you can check the trailer and let me know if you have any criticism or advice , thank you !!!!

2. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Are u on the right track? Absolutely. Game has great potential however, with platformers like this, its all about final execution.

3. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    hey thank you for your comment really , happy to hear that .
    but what you mean by "final execution"

4. Attollos Technologies

Attollos Technologies Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    iPhone Development Company
    Looks nice :) very clean, I would however say there is nothing that kind of unique about it that would make me buy it. If you could insert some kind of killer feature then I would be more inclined to make a purchase :)

Great work so far though :D

5. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    heyy there thank you for your feedback , i would really be glad to know what would you like me to add as a feature that can make it more valuable.

6. OliS

OliS Member

Jul 9, 2011
    UK
    The game looks potentially good. I suppose the main areas you need to really nail are the controls and the level design. There's not much that really stands out about the app at the moment... what makes it better than the other iOS platformers out there? Also, be careful with your spelling and grammar. If you make mistakes in your marketing materials etc. it can project a less professional/polished image, which people could associate with your game (there were a few mistakes in the teaser video).

7. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    you're right , i should look for something to make this unique , some kind of feature , i will think about that , and yes the marketing texts should be carefully chosen and checked (y)(y)

8. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    The music of the video is stressfull.
    What make super meat boy fantastic ? -> the level design.
    Many platforme game with the same mecanics exist before meatboy. But they made their success on the level design.

In you video, it seams that the level design is boring.

The maniability seams good, but it's hard to tell on a video.
    good teaser.
    I like cheese :)

9. Some ideas for features:

How about a Swiss cheese where you go through one hole and then randomly come out another?

Flying Cheese board as a craft or weapon?

Have giant mice after you.

How about mousetraps that let you escape from mice, but when you jump on them (and time it right) you get a super boost jump up the screen?

10. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    lol funny about the giant mouse following you it's my first boss idea :D still working on it :D

i like the idea about the cheese craft/weapon

hmm i take notes :)

11. A hover cheese board or frisbee style weapon ( you could call it a Fris-brie :D)

12. Attollos Technologies

Attollos Technologies Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    iPhone Development Company
    I was actually having a think about that haha! but something that would make me go oh wow, that looks awesome, like epic amounts of levels / ability to powerup and become some new type of cheese with special powers :) Something like that..

Okay sorry if that was cheesey ;)

13. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    looks good. nice and clean. definitely very derivative, but then there's no end to that on the app store. curious if you could say what engine you used?

you might want to go overboard and concoct some kind of compelling storyline (or hire someone to do so). Find a cartoonist or someone and get him to make you a crazy promotional animation. It won't be cheap, but you can raise the profile of your game significantly. Make a compelling world with some cute and charming characters and it does go a long way to stand out from the pack.

14. Shaz

Shaz Well-Known Member

More boss ideas - a giant French chef trying to slice you up.

A supermarket manager trying to put you in a cheese slice processor. (You know, those square pieces of plastic processed cheese)

A pizza guy with a giant cheese grater.

Quest ideas - rescue fellow cheeses that have been captured by the above chef, pizza guy and supermarket manager.

15. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    lol guys those are some crazy ideas
    - the character evolve with some power ups to become a more powerful cheese :D (i could do something like the star in mario or maybe something permanent that you unlock )
    -i would definitely need a cartoonist , i have a friend who can do that i just need to give him exactly what i want to not wast time :)
    - i would make another playable character that you can switch real time .
    - bosses
    -the giant rat , the french chef , pizza guy , and the super market manager are crazy ideas from you guys i would really try to do at least 3 of them
    - the quest from saw seems great for me as a visualization of finishing the levels , like at the end of each level a cheese fella that you need to save (y)

thank youuuuuuuu

16. 1) Maybe he wants to become "Head cheese" of a cheese factory.

2) His life long ambition could be to become a wedge in a well known trivia game :D. Fame and stardom.

3) Maybe he has to fight an evil Chinese cheese master called Fon-du. :D

17. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
  18. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    THANK YOU GUYS , i really don't know if people came from here but i got 169 fans now in Facebook thank youuuuuuuu

19. hich4m

hich4m Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    Senior game Programmer
    Berlin
    i spent the last 3 days rewriting the camera manager , now i have camera control zones which i needed so badly to extend the level design .

20. ijoygroup

ijoygroup Active Member

Jul 22, 2011
    game developer
    HONG KONG
    i should say that the music and the character is so funny. but i also have to say that there is nothing unique in game that pushes me to own it. ur game still need further polish.