Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    And please, seriously stop with iOS games. They are total different experiences. It's not the same. I think all the vita games worth more than those tiny little iPhone games. Sure it's a lot more money, but getting all these trophies to unlock is good enough for me to go and pay $40 for the game. So as the party chat, that's probably smartest thing Sony did with the vita. It really makes it more fun to play with other people. Graphics I have seen on few games are like nothing I have seen on any other handhelds. I am happy with what I have paid for. Few months ago it was lack of games, but now there is A LOT of games to play
    Since call of duty looks good, it will sell like crazy. But Sony do need to adversities this shit like crazy! Wtf is wrong with them! If games looks good this good. They should be spending millions dollars right now to tell every little kid that you can play good looking call of duty on the go. It will finally save vita. I don't know how much people wants to call of duty since they saw the video. 5 of my buddies said they are picking this bundle next week.

2. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Same here. After the atrocious Burning Skies I don't expect anything from this game.

3. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    http://youtu.be/d5ve10_hdM8
    Watch this and it will probably change your mind

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I wish Microsoft would come out with an Xbox portable. I would buy that. Unfortunately they seem to have no plans for it. I would *love* to see XBLA titles on a portable. Trials Evolution portable. *drool*. Oh well. :)

5. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Really regret buying the Vita. I was, and still am, excited about the hardware capabilities, but at this point in the game it doesn't look like devs are bothering to tap into the resources available.

This is the same damned road the PSP went down, and to see new games coming out that don't even offer native resolution is not a good sign of a dev's faith in the platform. They are just playing it safe on development costs to offset any bite they may have to take once published.

6. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    http://youtu.be/d5ve10_hdM8
    People gotta research!

7. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    #3447 K.D!, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Honestly, watching a very short clip of a rather 'stock' looking FPS by a developer with not the best track record is hardly positive
    research. Killzone looked good but I can't say this CoD is making me regret selling my Vita.

8. LucianOrb

LucianOrb Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Not at all. Very short vid, still looks crap to me.

9. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
  10. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Because a clip of gameplay which is only a few seconds long tells us a lot...

11. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    So basically Everyone expects all the vita games to look like ps3?... Idk man. People expects too much. I am seeing best graphic on handhelds but apparently people are being so Butthurted

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Looks good I've never played one of the Persona games I think this will be my first. I do know they were very popular on the PSP and I'm willing to buy it just based on that, the good score doesn't hurt either.

13. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    No-one mentioned the graphics, the game just seems rather dull in general. Admittedly, it may turn out to be rather good, but given the disappointment that was Resistance:Burning Skies and the fact that its being developed by the same people, I think it's fair to say that most people's eyebrows are arched over this one.

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Even if it were exactly like BLOPS 2 or any other major CoD from this generation, it still wouldn't be an 'oh my god you have to buy a Vita to play this ASAP' type of game. CoD just isn't that amazing of a game franchise. It is big though, and has a large fan base that would probably buy a system just for CoD.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Persona 3 is one of the games that I didn't get to finish when I sold my PSP, and probably the one that I would have most wanted to pick up on my Vita. I'm definitely excited to pick up Persona 4, especially if the relationship aspect of the game is improved -- I thought it was way too shallow on 3.

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So I'm curious- what three third party games do you either want to see or want to see more of on the Vita, what three first party games do you either want to see or want to see more of on the Vita, and what are your three most anticipated announced titles coming in 2013 or beyond?

Mine would be (in no particular order):
    3rd party:
    1. Fallout
    2. Dead Space
    3. Final Fantasy

1st party:
    1. inFAMOUS
    2. Gran Turismo
    3. God of War

Upcoming games (2013):
    1. Killzone: Mercenary
    2. BioShock
    3. Soul Sacrifice

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Don't know about categories but I'd really like to see a Gran Turismo, Resident Evil and a straight no nonsense port of Super Street Fighter IV.

Would also be nice to see a football manager game but not if it's as dumbed down as the IOS and PSP versions were.

18. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Anybody that plays NFSMW wanna add me feel free: SiDCrAzYY

I want more people to compare stats with, though I think I have quite a few of you on my friends list already.

19. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I been playing the shit out of that game. I have about 600k sp points