Guys little help with new iPad air games?

11-17-2013, 05:33 PM
#1
Guys little help with new iPad air games?

Ok guys I just got my iPad air yesterday and need some iPad games. I was looking for fun, engrossing, addictive type of games. Something that I can get lost in and keeps me wanting to play. I was thinking of Shadowrun Returns or Xcomm as those would be good choices. Should I get Shadowrun now and maybe wait for a sale on Xcomm? Any other suggestions are welcome too, I have the latest ones like Epoch 2 and Oceanhorn already.
11-17-2013, 06:06 PM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 397
Ravensword Shadowlands looks and plays superb on my iPad Air
So much smoother frame rate than my iPad 3.
Worth a gamble if that's your type of game or a revisit if you already own it

Dead space looks and plays superb as does Real Racing 3 that benefits from a faster smoother frame rate as any racer would do. Need for Speed Mosted Wanted is excellent as well

11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaZ-OiD View Post
Ravensword Shadowlands looks and plays superb on my iPad Air
So much smoother frame rate than my iPad 3.
Worth a gamble if that's your type of game or a revisit if you already own it

Dead space looks and plays superb as does Real Racing 3 that benefits from a faster smoother frame rate as any racer would do. Need for Speed Mosted Wanted is excellent as well
Thanks man any opinions on Shadowrun or Xcomm?
11-17-2013, 06:30 PM
#4
Joined: May 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Thanks man any opinions on Shadowrun or Xcomm?
Can't help with either as I have not bought either to be honest. I'm surprised my Air has put a pleasent new lease of life back into games I bought but never really got stuck into.

Hopefully while I'm enjoying the revisits, the games you mention and more get some 64 bit love and the extra power is put to good use in terms of gameplay and eye candy
11-17-2013, 06:44 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 836
I would say go with Xcom. It offers a lot more and is significantly longer.
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
I would say go with Xcom. It offers a lot more and is significantly longer.
Not just to be contradictory, maybe a little, I'd go with Shadowrun.
Really though, I wouldn't expect a sale on Shadowrun and there will be another on Xcom. If that influences you.
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos and figuring out which you'd rather be playing. I prefer Shadowrun. You... ?
11-17-2013, 06:56 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
I would say go with Xcom. It offers a lot more and is significantly longer.
Thanks! Anyone else have any suggestions?
11-17-2013, 09:37 PM
#8
If you like Xcom, get Call of Duty Strike Team too, it is dual mode and fun.
11-17-2013, 10:05 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga View Post
Not just to be contradictory, maybe a little, I'd go with Shadowrun.
Really though, I wouldn't expect a sale on Shadowrun and there will be another on Xcom. If that influences you.
I'd suggest watching some youtube videos and figuring out which you'd rather be playing. I prefer Shadowrun. You... ?
I kind of agree if there might be another sale on Xcom then I should wait for that and maybe try Shadowrun just to make sure thats my type of game.
11-17-2013, 10:06 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
If you like Xcom, get Call of Duty Strike Team too, it is dual mode and fun.
I have that one but havent even played it on iPad yet, I did on my phone but was a bit small.