iPhone Neuroshima Hex (universal) - Q1 2011

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BigDaddysCreations, Dec 15, 2010.

1. BigDaddysCreations

BigDaddysCreations Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    #1 BigDaddysCreations, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    Just making an announcement of an upcoming Neuroshima Hex update that will make it an universal application with native iPad resolution's support and will hit the App Store at the beginning of 2011.

For those of you who don't know what Neuroshima Hex is:
    Neuroshima Hex is a fast paced, tactical board game for up to 4 players, soon available on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The Earth, destroyed by the greatest and most destructive war, is divided between four hostile factions: Moloch – terrifying artificial intelligence fighting for world domination, Borgo – powerful and brilliant leader who has managed to unite the mutants under his dark will, The Hegemony – land ruled by gangs, where might and right are one, The Outpost – guerillas fighting for survival in this violent and dangerous world. Each player controls one of those armies and faces his opponents controlled by other human or AI players.

Neuroshima Hex is available now as an iPhone application for 2.99$ or as a free Neuroshima Hex Lite, so you may consider getting it to save few extra bucks.

To convince you even more it's worth having a look, here are some iPad screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For more info visit Neuroshima Hex official website at: www.neuroshimahex.com

2. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Looks great, guys. NH has really been a quality product since Day One.

I already play on my iPad, as the game looks great at 2X resolution. But I'm sure it will be even better when the universal version hits the digital shelves.

One quick question from a big fan: will expansion/new armies be available later in 2011? Maybe as in-app purchases?

3. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    We're thinking on adding new armies as in-app purchases. We still haven't decided if this will be in 1.30 or later, but this is definetly one of our goals :)

4. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Nice .... I bought it long ago as a support to the devs and I have been waiting for the universal update since before playing it.
    So this is music to my ears, also the IAP extra cards/

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #5 LordGek, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    One whine, and I haven't been back to the game in a bit so please excuse me if this was already dealt with long ago, does the game now show the units' current values with modifiers?

I'd love to know at a glance if any of my units' values have been modified up or down and something like either displaying the current value with the new value in green if up or in red if down...or if room maybe show the base value with the net modifier like

2 (+2) or 2 (-1)

Also I would GLADLY pay in an IAP for the extra content but only request you don't get too nickel and dimey (i.e. please do some straight, "Babel 13 Expansion" for a given price and not something where we need to buy each new unit type or terrain type introduced in this expansion individually).

6. Jools75

Jools75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Secret Agent :-)
    Italy
    Very, very, very good... Waiting for the update, this is one of my favourite boardgames!

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I couldn't agree more

8. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I agree with this as well.

9. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    As for the IAP we were thinking on adding new armies as the content you would be able to buy. This is the best aproach for us and I guess the most flexible for you guys - you won't have to buy one, huge, expensive expansion, but only those you like. Sounds fair?

10. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Just include an all-in bundle as well.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Err, what about new content that isn't really tied to a given faction like new terrain types?

12. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

Well, I'll probably end up getting them all anyway ... but, yes, that sounds like a fair deal overall. Days of Wonder did something very similar with their first two expansions for Small World, and that seems to have worked out pretty well for everyone.

Man, I'm looking forward to playing some new armies; hurry, please! :D

13. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @LordGek, we're thinking about adding the armies as a first IAP products, then we can start thinking about terrains
    @TheDukester, glad you'll buy the all 4 armies, but we're sure some people would like to test one army at a time and then buy another one, so sptlitting everything into different products makes sense

14. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
  15. gokouh

gokouh Member

Aug 8, 2010
    wow

Wow, thx for this promotion, guys! Now waiting for iPad version and expansions as IAP. Keep up the great work!

16. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Hmm, any chance for an option to have the UI on the right side instead?

17. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    @gokouh, thanks, hope to release the iPad version soon :)
    @Alyindar, we'll think about it

18. voltfive

voltfive New Member

Dec 29, 2010
    nice, looking forward to this update

19. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland
    Just a reminder - today is the last day of Neuroshima Hex 0,99$ sale, so get it before the price goes up!

20. BigDaddysCreations

Jul 8, 2010
    Software Developer
    Poland