COD Zombies - Wave 52

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Narziss, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    #1 Narziss, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
    Wanted to post this because I had an extremely pleasant team today in Call of Duty: World at War Zombies - Nacht der Untoten. Thanks to Shilo for taking the pics and hosting them. I found out about the chat (http://xat.com/codzombies) in the Touch Arcade forums, and then I met these great players. Here was our team:

1. Radoni
    2. thayneq
    3. ShiloBuff
    4. Narziss

Our strategy was to stay in the main room and NOT open any doors or stairs. Four players distributed across five windows made it easy to take care of the main room. We all used the M1A1 Carbine to get headshots on all the approaching zombies. At a certain point, it seemed like the waves of zombies were all the same - that is, higher waves were not any more difficult.

What was actually happening was that though each wave was similar in quantity and speed of zombies, the zombies had more health with each wave; however, their health was irrelevant since we were killing them with headshots.

Around wave 45 we got terribly bored so we decided, after wave 46, to go reverse help room (that is, keep the help room door closed and go up to alamo and then down the other stairs into the help room).

I grabbed the flamethrower (in the big room) and got the ray gun after a few tries at the mystery box.

We tried to hold the help room but got overwhelmed. Everyone was dead and so I started kiting the horde of zombies in the help room and keeping them on fire - their immense amount of health rendered the ray gun totally useless. Here's some photos of the zombie disco:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After reducing the horde of zombies to nil, the other players came back for another shot in wave 48. Unfortunately, at that point, one of our players, rodani, got disconnected.

[​IMG]
    Radoni - 97.3% headshots!

In wave 49, everyone died except for Shilo, but he was able to finish off the group of zombies by kiting them around and blowing off their heads with just the Double barrel shotgun!

At last, weary from way too many zombies, and aching from sitting in the same position - we were all eaten alive.

[​IMG]
    Percentages of headshot kills:
    thayneq: 94.8%
    ShiloBuff: 95.0%
    Narziss: 92.1%

Thanks to everyone for a great round - Good night!

2. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    i have taught you well shilo in the force of the shotgun lol

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    cool stuff, now thats a lot of zombies! The farthest I made it was 21 but I only play once every couple days.

4. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    wow! that's like Crazy Bada**ery!

5. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    apparently Chibi-Zed claims to have made it to wave 64, he has screens

6. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    I wonder if we would have ever lost had we stayed in the main room - waves 20 through 46 all felt nearly identical and extremely easy, which is why we left for the help room after it was getting boring.

The zombies could keep getting more health with each wave, but we could continue to headshot them just the same.

I could imagine a patient player kiting the zombies around and staying alive for a long time. Wave 64 is impressive!

7. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    I wonder if i could a game with you guys sometime, but just a warning, i don't get much headshots

8. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Cool Stuff, I hope I could play sometime with you guys ;)

9. RKRigney

RKRigney Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Journalist
    Poplarville, MS
    What control scheme were you using? I've been using the accelerometer controls...

10. Shilo

Shilo Member

Nov 19, 2009
    #10 Shilo, Nov 29, 2009
    Yeah, it felt like we could go on forever. I use dual stick which i prefer.

Something I noticed with headshots is: the auto-aim feature doesn't help very much and the headshots only counted when the zombie was near the center of my view.

So instead of aiming with the right stick, i would just shuffle left and right, and I could headshot pretty quick. But with an M1, It was still hard to get large headshot streaks. :cool:

Narziss was able to pull off more then 40 headshots in a row using the zoom/aim button. :eek:

Thayneq: 94.8%

11. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009

The Problem with Headshooting, is that they move like if they were dancing, so It's pretty hard to Headshot more than 3 times without missing.

12. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    :confused: The ray gun on the console version always killed them with one shot, no matter what the round was. Is it broken in this version?

13. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    i'm guessing they changed that.

14. Desparobo

Desparobo Active Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Wow guys that is impressive! I'm dying to try online ply but I can never seem to find anyone on....I've only made it to rd 15 solo.....

15. h0130j03

Jun 28, 2009
    go here my friend: http://xat.com/CODzombies

16. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    #16 Narziss, Nov 29, 2009
    Suggestions for the Developer:

1. I hope they update the ray gun because it seemed pretty useless against anything in wave 47. (It does, however, one-shot kill zombies in lower waves, e.g., waves 10-25ish.)

2. I hope, though I doubt, that they add an option to DISABLE the auto-aim feature - many times it would poorly auto-aim an adjacent zombie when I was trying to headshot the next zombie. The zoom-in feature helped for when we were defending the windows - since it gives you full control over aiming, but it's inconvenient when you have to run.

3. I hope they make the connectivity in online play more reliable - disconnects seem to occur frequently. Also, it takes me 2-6 tries to join someone else's hosted game - it keeps saying "Unable to connect to the game services" - but after trying a few times, it let's me connect, and I have yet to get disconnected.

4. The ability to play your own music (while still keeping the sound effects as they break down barriers) would be nice.

5. They should add an in-game leader board that you can check (during online play) in the pause menu, and a multiplayer leaderboard (to the extras) that you can examine to reminisce over your past games.

6. Finally, though this I also doubt, adding voice chat would be really helpful. I own an ipod touch, but my headphones have an in-line mic that I could use to communicate and organize myself better with other players in fps games like this one. If they don't add it to COD, at least, I hope a future game, like Nova, incorporates voice chat.

Barricaded behind a window for a while gives you time to figure out consistencies in their movement. As they run toward you, their heads seem to bob up and down on the aim, if you can just align their head when it has bobbed up, then time your next shot (and shift your position a little) for when it raises it's head again.

17. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    I played with some amazing guys and got to wave 57. Same strategy. Pretty boring though so I went around and opened everything at 55 i think. That made it intense as.

18. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    That's what I do. Takes me a little longer than I'd like, though.

19. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    That is an awesome share. I think that's the furthest I've heard anyone went. I wonder if the game will break if we push it to Wave 100. Haven't been playing for awhile but I'm glad that the Ray Gun is finally fixed :p