Universal [PULLED] The House of the Dead: Overkill- The Lost Reels - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I might have to download iAd blocker, once mobilesubtrate has been updated for iOS 7. Get rid of these pesky ads for good!

2. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    GOV did you think that video ads,and freemium stuff it's apply also for users like me that just have buy this game at launch?or after update it detect if you previously purchased the game?I spend €7,the game and the DLC NAKED TERROR,so,it's better if at this time not update,also I wonder if the update don't reset the savefile,I have all maxed out,and tons of in game money..

3. iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

Jul 17, 2013
    ok i see the new jailhouse judgement but its locked! anyone know how to unlock the new level?

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think that shouldnt be mentioned here as that functionality is a hack that removes the way the game earns money. I hate the ads that they added now, but a hack is a hack and i hate that even more.

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    True ^ I just decided to NOT update the app :)

6. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I bought this game at full price and then deleted it.

I re downloaded it last night and have seen no ads at all. I played through the first level (died a few times) and unlocked the second level.

No ads.

Where should they pop up? Am I lucky or does the game know if one bought it at full price (if so, yay SEGA)?

7. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yes,I've bought this game at launch,after see the update:free,I've not updated,and see some Post have lot of ads..people that download The GAME when it went free,maybe Who have purchased before become free don't have any ads?I attend some days for see if someone else that have purchased the game time ago can confirm they don't have any ads,and then I update it..

8. bchccc

bchccc Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Consultant
    Oeiras, Portugal
    The game doesn't work on my iPhone 5 or iPad Air (the app crashes while loading).

9. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I re downloaded it after it went free (but had bought it ages ago). It had no ads.

In my updates tab of the App Store it has the udate to make it free just sitting there like a poisonous toad.

I guess I just got lucky.

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    All The Two with iOS 7x? Some REVIEWS in My App Store report CRASH while loading on iOS 7..

11. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I downloaded the 'freemium' version and had ads after every level. However, the ads disappeared after I bought the submachine gun upgrade and the extra level.

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Thanks,i buy The dlc Months ago..so,i hope no ads,what OS you running?iOS 7 or iOS 6?

13. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Ah, I'm running iOS 7. I had to restart the game a few times after a couple of loading crashes and a weird glitch that didn't allow me to proceed to the next scene in a hospital level. No permanent game stoppers--I managed to finish every level.

14. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    glitch that was already there, on iOS 6, not every time, but only a few, if you kept doing the levels one after the other, but if you select that level from the menu should not do it ..

15. bchccc

bchccc Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Consultant
    Oeiras, Portugal
    I got both devices running iOS 7.0.4... nobody else with this problem? (I already rebooted both devices and nothing)

16. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Lot of reviews on app store report that..try disinstalling,reinstalling?it's a last try..this is they're second update after more than 1 year..

17. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Big let down by SEGA. Right now the older version is working for me. This new "update" seems to be braking everyone's game. Plus freemuim model... Joke...

18. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Confirm,iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.4,the old version work..why devs not tested they're games?come on SEGA! i'm not update..

19. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    It's working fine for me on iOS 7.

But this is the first time I installed it and you might be upgrading from an older version?

20. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    is there anyone who has unlocked the chapter jailhouse judgement?

if yes, can explain how to do it?

thanxx in advance!!