Ridiculous Fishing (Vlambeer, Zach Gage, Greg Wohlwend)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jazzpha, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Did a search to see if there was already an Upcoming thread for this one, but there wasn't.

Anyway, good news. Zach Gage just tweeted yesterday that development on Ridiculous Fishing, which has been going on for a long, long time, is finally done. I can't figure out how to link to the specific tweet here from my phone, but his user name on twitter is helvetica.

TL;DR Finally, you can get excited. It should be out sometime in the not too distant future.

2. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
  3. sawyer4325

sawyer4325 Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Any news on a release? Or price?

4. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    vine.co/v/b6xxDBUuPMY

Shouldn't be long now. My guess is it might even get released as early as next week, or the first/second week of March depending on how fast the review process goes.

5. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Ahhh ok thanks. I can't wait for this!

6. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Update, fresh from Vlambeer's twitter (and then I promise to stop bumping this thread):

Vlambeer ‏@Vlambeer

For all of you asking: #ridfishing will release somewhere in March if everything goes as planned. We are so unbelievably happy & proud.

--

Hopefully, everything goes as planned. I couldn't be more psyched about this game finally coming out; been waiting for a long, long time.

7. Vlambeer

Vlambeer Well-Known Member

Aww, so nice to find this here! The game just went through approval, so we're really excited for the release somewhere in March. We just launched the website at http://ridiculousfishing.com/ - so head there if you want to stay super up to date.

We'll be posting here as we approach release date, too. For now, we'll just focus on making sure everything is set up for a smooth launch to your iDevices later this month!

8. badmediakarma

badmediakarma Member

Jan 24, 2010
    any idea when we'll get gameplay footage or something :D

9. Vlambeer

We're working on that. Hopefully next week!

10. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Another game I'm sooo looking forward to!

11. Vlambeer

We just announced the release date: March 14th. If you want some early gameplay glimpses - they're on www.ridiculousfishing.com.

We couldn't be more excited!

12. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Been waiting for since forever! Can't wait!!!!

13. Vlambeer

Have a bunch of screenshots. They're huge (and the game really looks even better in motion!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We'll do some Ridiculous Fishing OST giveaways soon, and we're handing out some limited edition Ridiculous Fishing t-shirts closer to launch, too. Just hang around :)

14. sawyer4325

May 20, 2011
    Game looks awesome! Free stuff is good too! How much is it at launch? Y'all deserve every penny

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Will this be tilt-based? I'm loving the heck outta the artwork but tilting on iPad... I dunno.

16. Vlambeer

#16 Vlambeer, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
    We've playtested it extensively (including our 'trademark' playtest with people on the train) and we've tried to make sure that the controls aren't exhausting. Personally, we have played on an iPad for many hours, often uninterrupted, without any strains - the tilting is subtle and not needlessly slow or annoying.

One of the reviewers that had early access to the game mentioned they felt that Ridiculous Fishing is 'the first tilt controlled game that doesn't have terrible controls' while a journalist remarked Ridiculous Fishing had 'the best tilt controls yet'.

We hope you'll like the controls, and we're glad to hear you like the look!

17. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Man, this game looks amazing.

18. Vlambeer

The art is done by Greg Wohlwend, who is also the artist behind the beautiful Hundreds. Which has a lot less shooting fish to it, but somehow still manages to be a great game.

19. Thawkk

Thawkk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How much will it cost? I want to know how much money to set aside, this looks great. Loving the art style especially.

20. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Instabuy, 2 questions tho:

is tilt only control method?

can you play in landscape? Thanks!