Pocket Heroes - D&D meets Words with Friends

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brandon Pollet, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kooqoo

Kooqoo Member

Apr 17, 2012
    haw...

seems 16bit pc game..

2. ReddestDream

ReddestDream Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Student
    NC, USA
    10 More Days! ^_^

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    And again I'll say woo! not long now

4. Ap0calypse

Ap0calypse Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Times of exams coming... Wait! Screw them PH is here!

5. Brandon Pollet

Brandon Pollet Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, we've got a new dev update over on our blog about what we've been up to with Pocket Heroes. Pocket Heroes - April Dev Update

I also want to let you all know that we're going to be pushing the release date back by a few weeks. I talk about it a little in the blog post, but basically we just need a little more time to polish the game. We're still shooting for a May release though, so it's still not long now. Thanks for being patient with us, trust me we can't wait to get this thing out there either ;)

Let me know what you think of the new gameplay interface and if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #306 oooooomonkey, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

Noooooooooooooooo :-( ill read the blog in a bit. But boohoo about the date

Just read the blog and wow the screen shots are looking really nice now it's close to release. Atleast it's not being delayed but to long anyway (hopefully)

Well keep polishing :)

7. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Does anything carry over from game to game, like experience or items, etc? Or does each game start you back at square one?

8. Brandon Pollet

Right now everything is based on the character. Your character will level up and get loot that he or she will keep with them throughout the game. This is very much a game about progression of your character and your party.

We're also looking into adding a 'vault' that belongs to you as a player and that lets you share things between characters. That won't be there at launch but if people really want to be able to share equipment between their characters it's something we could do.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    The new interface looks nice, can't wait to try it.

A question, is the game retina?...I guess the images on the blog are resized...I saved those on my iPhone to see how the interface looks.
    All is ok but the text that seems a bit blurry.
    But again, I guess it's just the resized images.
    Can we have a link to a fully retina uncompressed interface?

10. Brandon Pollet

The graphics aren't retina right now. But it doesn't look bad at all on the iPhone retina display. Here is a link to an image I grabbed from my iPhone 4 iPhone4 PH Screengrab, I would recommend opening that on your iPhone.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    A bit better, but the text, while clearily readable, it's pretty clear it's not retina.
    The rest is perfect, being pixel art.
    It's not a big problem, but it's noticeble, expecially in the buttons IMHO.

Said that, can't wait to start the campaign with some friends :)

12. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Will this have 2nd gen support?

13. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    wait freenium rite?

14. take

take Active Member

Jan 1, 2012
    any updates on universal/iPad support??

15. 3parkbenchhydra

3parkbenchhydra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Nope.

16. Brandon Pollet

No, it's not freemium. We're planning to launch at $1.99 and there will be plenty of free content updates as we go along.

We are going to have IAP to buy gold, although you won't ever need to purchase any, and we're going to have IAP characters that will release as updates to the game. Similar to how 100 Rogues had additional player classes as IAP.

Don't worry though, you're not going to be nickel and dimed to play the game.

Full iPad support will come later. Right now we're just focusing on the iPhone/iPod version. It also looks like we're going to require iOS 4.0 as the baseline. Because of the Game Center integration and multiplayer system we can't support any OS levels below that.

17. krispydp

krispydp Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Form a team?

Long time no post!

The game looks great Brandon. I'm really excited about it. Especially thr change in fonts.

Anyone want to make a team? My Gamecenter ID is krispydp

18. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    YEEE NO FREENIUM STUFF :D i hope the classes wont have advantegs over each other? like hte iap classes be super op D:< that would be bad

19. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Best items should not be obtainable through gold directly if you make gold purchasable. I like the idea of buying new classes through IAP, though I'm not so keen on getting gold via IAP.

20. Brandon Pollet

I know what you mean. We're setting it up so that you have the ability to purchase items and weapons between each quest with gold you've found in your quests. These 'stores' will each have equipment that gets better as you move through the levels. So you won't be able to buy an Epic Vampiric Sword of the Bear in level 1 just because you bought gold with real money.

[​IMG]

But, if you're trying to decide between getting a new Axe or a new Helmet we wanted to give you the chance to purchase some gold and get both.

As I'm sure you all know, pricing is tough in the app store. Our first focus is on making the game fun to play, but we also need to think about how can we make enough money to keep the servers running, and hopefully enough to fund our next game.

With that said, if you guys ever have a problem with our IAPs, or pricing, be sure to let me know so we can figure something else out.